ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  TrackCar & F30 330d
OH just thought, you should have got the cam cover powdercoated whilst it was off, Laxy's enigne looked amazing with that done :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Fair enough, function over fashion in that case then.

Have you bought the Brake lines, bias valve etc yet?

I couldnt belive how expensive those annodised P-clips were so the brake lines can be neatly attached to the shell. Like £5 a pop :(

Group buy ;)

Have you got your car sorted now mate ^?

Cage arrived today along with my rebuilt ASTs, spacers & a few other bits and bobs.

Finished the engine off, and have started building a RS2 manifold with a blue anodized theme to match the rest of the car.

Lots of other powdercoated / anodized bits back tmrw so I'll throw up some pics.

Thought I'd throw up some more progress from last nights efforts during my lunch break:

A load of parts arrived back from the anodizers after I made them earlier in the week, brackets for various engine mounts, plus replacement parts for the intake manifold:

22.jpg

21.jpg

Coilovers have returned freshly rebuilt to comp. spec:

28.jpg

Gutted and primed the drivers side headlight blank:

23.jpg

Rear Camber added:

24.jpg

Caged rear cage arrived, the front half is going to be custom built with A pillar gussets.

25.jpg

26.jpg

Replacement Rad & super compact cooling fan frame:

27.jpg

And finally Eibach pro spacers all round.

29.jpg

Rest of the week is flat out in the workshop so progress will be over the weekend (missus permission pending!), hopefully get the new manifold built up along with some customer kits and get it fitted to the car.

Car is almost sorted just waiting on alternator from wests renault!

Think car is gona look good once you done, hopefully might be in before xmas n have a look!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Looks like its going to be one serious car Tom.....you may wanna consider hiring a pro to drive it.:rasp:;)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Looking awesome Tom, my only concern is you finishing my car off by Saturday ;)

Look forward to seeing the progress when I'm next in.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Have no fear Chris, it'll be done.....i'd imagine James is doing it whilst Tom makes coffee tables.;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hubcentric Type B spacers Dave, they aren't going anywhere!

Fair enough, im just not a fan, id rather just gets wheels that give the correct offset from the start.

FYI the e30 4 stud BMW's use 4 x 100 PCD, with ET15 & centre bore of 57. With a spigot ring that would give you a direct fitment & similar offset to a ET38 with 20mm spacer - if thats what you're using.

Fair enough, im just not a fan, id rather just gets wheels that give the correct offset from the start.

FYI the e30 4 stud BMW's use 4 x 100 PCD, with ET15 & centre bore of 57. With a spigot ring that would give you a direct fitment & similar offset to a ET38 with 20mm spacer - if thats what you're using.

Dave you'd need to bore out the centre bore to 60.1 to fit them style of wheels, would still be easier though and cheaper than spacers.

Good point, slight typo on my part.

Spigot ring would be used to go from 60>57, machining for the other way round, ie 57>60.

Your boring me with your meager ramblings ;)

I got the impression Tom doesn't even need to wash his hands at the end of the day ;)

FU basically!

Tom, what width spacers are you using on front and back of yours?

25mm up front, 10mm rear, as I have the 37 ET 2118s the rears already have a reasonable track width with the 1.5 deg added camber.

Just popped the rear units on to check everything is ok, now I'm working on your car for the rest of the evening ^

I am taking the front units down to the machine shop tomorrow to extend the camber slot. The stock AST lower only provides around 2.5 deg of neggy at maximum pivot, so I'm going to draw out the extra needed for the 3.5+ I intend to run by milling the slot a further 4mm in length. There is of course the option to run a thinner bolt, or implement some sort of cam based camber bolt, but I would rather mill the slot.

30.jpg

Lionel Richie
Your opinion is wrong ;)

Pulls the seal in nice and straight and to the correct depth, no valid reason not to use it if you ask me!!

Standard cams, for now. Power is not of concern at the moment, the primary objective is the driving character and my ability to master it!!

you me boy are a gayer :rasp:

Thanks Ya :), here's a better pic:

ALX_0568.jpg

Not a lot of progress I'm afraid as it is currently on the back of our car transporter waiting to be moved into the new workshop.

I have nearly exactly two weeks to finish it so expect a flurry of activity soon!!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
love the wheel colour, first time i've seen this thread, didn't realise you were taking it off the road to go racing.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.