ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Very nice. Is that a similar affair as to what I put on my rear axle then? A welded in cup and bearing.

I'd imagine so. To be honest I just regurgitate stuff Tom has told/shown me we're having on it. There are quite a few clever little touches that are quite impressive.

The level of 'want' to get in and drive the thing is nigh on unbearable at the moment.:mad:

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Ollie I'm sure you can go and sit in it and make pretend car noises if your urges get too much ;)

Will you and Tom be over at JMS on the weekend?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Its the closest I can get at the moment Chris!

I won't be around on Saturday but i don't know about Junior. He may be there at some point.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Saw the JMS Race car last night, the Cage is a work of Art and the Sub Frame looks great!

I Know Toms Missing having it on the road, I dont think his Love for the Volvo is as strong as he makes out ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
He's not missing having it on the road, he's dying to have it on the track.....as am I. But im lucky in the sense that i have my Cup for the odd speed hit (even though its currently SORN'd) whereas Tom has only had a day at Bedford, again in my Cup, since taking it off the road last year.

And a Derv Vulva really won't fill that void....

BMW Z4
I'd imagine so. To be honest I just regurgitate stuff Tom has told/shown me we're having on it. There are quite a few clever little touches that are quite impressive.

The level of 'want' to get in and drive the thing is nigh on unbearable at the moment.:mad:

Yeh I know that feeling Ollie. I have a ways to go yet.

182 Cup
Looks like a lot of effort is going into this, but why have you still got a front number plate? I know it's displaying the company name, but a sticker would do the same job and save a few more grams from the nose.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a lot of effort is going into this, but why have you still got a front number plate? I know it's displaying the company name, but a sticker would do the same job and save a few more grams from the nose.

and also takes 2 seconds to remove prior to any racing / quali or timed needs...

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
And then you remove your company name for when it actually moves. Great.

The car will not be staying plain black on the outside, in fact I beleive there is a completely different livery planned. I'm sure JMS will get another mention apart from on the plates :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
All will be revealed in due course....;)

There is a 'title' sponsor which the entire car colour scheme is based around. Obviously we aren't having an entire exterior re-paint and luck would have it that black ties in nicely with the livery/colour scheme our sponsor has in mind.....also consider the red as a clue also....

As for the JMS company logo, well Tom will decide where that goes....either on the sunstrip or the feather light carbon fibre number plates.

Either way its all irrelevent considering the fact we have an engine in a gazillion pieces on the workbench, no exhaust, no doors or bootlid on and no windscreen in!

Trophy #382
All will be revealed in due course....;)

There is a 'title' sponsor which the entire car colour scheme is based around. Obviously we aren't having an entire exterior re-paint and luck would have it that black ties in nicely with the livery/colour scheme our sponsor has in mind.....also consider the red as a clue also....

Are you being sponsored by ze Germans...

TrackCar & F30 330d
Not another brightly powder coated subframe, that was my idea (sort of)

Things seem to be coming along nicely, must be nice to have more than one person doing stuff to the car and not having to do 100% of every little & big job yourself.

I know how you feel about desperately wanting to drive it, I havnt driven mine since June/July 2010!!!! :(

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Really enjoyed reading all this, especially when the handbags came out over the ITBs :rasp:

You've really gone to town on it and I love that orange.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Update is this. Car is circa 2 weeks from completion.
She will be at Bedford on the 9th July, resplendent with powder coated digital camshafts, heated screen and all the poncy 'needless' bits we've grown to love ;)

Tom will no doubt be along at some point with the proper update with all the pretty pictures.

182cup & 172 racecar
Ah,I got confused again.We will be doing the RS evening do with the passenger seat in.
But I might come along to Easytrack one just for a laugh and a chat as usual.

Just realised....9th July GP weekend.I'm busy working my ass off.

Last edited:
  BMW Z4
what are digital camshafts

Indeed? Unless:

A digital camshaft is an electronically controlled valve modulation device that replaces a conventional mechanical camshaft. A digital camshaft has several advantages over a conventional camshaft. One advantage is that the lobe shape of the digital cam can be varied as a function of engine speed and combustion conditions. This is difficult to accomplish with a conventional mechanical camshaft. A second advantage is that individual lobe offset (valve timing) can be varied in relation to ignition timing and crank position in real time. A third advantage is a possible reduction in power dissipation compared to mechanical camshafts. A disadvantage is an increase in system complexity. Because this complexity is electronic rather than mechanical, it is more easily managed. Note that in the general case lobe offset is a subset of lobe shape. Open issues are those of how to factor the logic and power activation capability, on a per lobe, per cylinder or per camshaft basis. A per cylinder approach is proposed here since any chipware developed as part of the prototyping activity could be instanced for different engine configurations without incurring significant additional development costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.