ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS Pops and Bangs, will this damage anything on my engine

Milltek'd clio 182
I love these pops and bangs, but im concerned on whether it will affect parts of the engine or anything like that. Will it be healthy to have this on my car permanently or will i see any future problem issues? thanks for your guidance people :)

O an if it is all gravey, then yes people, pops will be on the next agenda :)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
i have had pops and bangs on my car for 2 years and there is nothing wrong with it! as far as i can see its fine!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nope. It'll destroy your cat though, they tend not to like ignited fuel vapour too much.

If you've got a decat pipe, it's all good. The noise you hear is ignition happening outside of the engine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Turner i've heard people say this before about the cat but my car left the factory with pops and bangs surely it isn't that detrimental?

I'm going to try a decat soon actually. Pretty simple fit on my car thank feck!

182 Turbo Project
Turner i've heard people say this before about the cat but my car left the factory with pops and bangs surely it isn't that detrimental?

I'm going to try a decat soon actually. Pretty simple fit on my car thank feck!

You could literally just walk under your fiesta :rasp:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. Turner could fit it standing up on ladders.

Milltek'd clio 182
thanks guys, yeah i currently run a decatted milltek system, was just concerned on whether it deteriates any parts of the car whilst having this remap done, it does sound good tho, goota loves them pops!!

Evo 5 RS
There would be no real point in having it done if you've still got the cat in........

No, it can't damage your engine. Neither exhaust in this case, you could tweak it to have a good go at blowing the bafflers out though ;)

Milltek'd clio 182
There would be no real point in having it done if you've still got the cat in........

No, it can't damage your engine. Neither exhaust in this case, you could tweak it to have a good go at blowing the bafflers out though ;)

no i currently run my exhaust with a decat pipe aswell, so overall it seems to me that i will be making a purchase some time soonn.... thanks guys