ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2 before and after results

Its been done, fairly recently in fact, involved a certain Chertsey based tuning company, an RS2 extra & some C&B cams. 201bhp at SRR iirc. Was running the map for the normal RS2, so would possibly have done more with a few mapping tweaks.

Not all the development work was put on the forumz yo ;)

I believe this was James, he was telling me about this, holds some sort of record on a track iirc from what he was telling me

Evo 5 RS
Head work would be last port of call imo! Very little be had there? That's an impressive torque figure, is that with the longer trumpets, or the runners? For what they cost I'm tempted to buy the 120mm trumpets, although I think space is an issue without removing more of the bonnet skin. Also, I'm not sure whether the 428s would compliment the torque at all. You are running standard cams aren't you?

202BHP & 175lbft from ITB’s (courtesy of Mr Faulks.) with longer trumpets having removed the slam-panel, ECU1 etc, Ktec/Janspeed Stealth exhaust, de-cat. Etc.

(Next step is cams, injectors, headwork and a re-map, should be good for another 20bhp.)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I wouldn't believe anything JMS say especially if it involves the words "posted" and "on it's way".

Touche. Although I do believe that they don't actually exist on this forum any longer so any moaning on here will result in sweet FA. I suggest you bug Tom. Relentlessly. :)

172/1.2/E30
Lol, think everyone gets your point... Pretty boring as they've folded and also the main fact this thread was not about there communication but about whether 200bhp has been made from anything other than ITB's...

Headwork, matched inlets, Schrick's, exhaust and mapping and you will see the 200bhp...

Yozz'd up 182
And how much would that actually gain you? as yod have to replace timing belt kit etc etc

So by the end it would be in the thousands not hundreds right?

172/1.2/E30
When fitting cams you need to renew the timing belt, so not much more work taking the head off. I paid about 500 quid for reworking the head and skimming the flywheel. Yes, NA tuning is expensive.

Ph1
And how much would that actually gain you? as yod have to replace timing belt kit etc etc

So by the end it would be in the thousands not hundreds right?

Gains you a lot more torque all the way through the rev range.

Mine recorded 175 lb/ft peak on RS Tunings old rollers with only some 300 quid regrind cams, stock ported inlet and the usual bolt on zorst and ik

Maybe a bit of a long in the tooth route to go down now a days but there are decent gains to be had out of it

220 Trophy
Head work would be last port of call imo! Very little be had there? That's an impressive torque figure, is that with the longer trumpets, or the runners? For what they cost I'm tempted to buy the 120mm trumpets, although I think space is an issue without removing more of the bonnet skin. Also, I'm not sure whether the 428s would compliment the torque at all. You are running standard cams aren't you?

The headwork will be because I’m soon having the cams and larger injectors fitted and while its in might as well have the head looked at by Matt’s ‘head’ guy.

To be honest I can’t remember how long they are, I would guess may be 20cms (possibly more). We removed the slam panel and made a carbon-fibre bracket for the radiator (offset to the side a bit) and fitted a smaller Spall fan so that we could mess around with the length and shape of the trumpets. From what I can remember they are all one piece and tapered from start to finish with only the end mouth sections separate/detachable so as to hold the backing plate on. I’ve a feeling that they might’ve been some experimental bits that Matt/AT Power thought they’d try out and when the results were fantastic obviously we kept them on. I’ve the air-con delete kit and removed the top section of the grill so as to allow loads of air-flow; it snorts like a touring car!!

The AT’s don’t protrude upwards too much so the longer trumpets fit fine, I’ve a feeling that Jenveys do protrude upwards more therefore there is the issue with longer ones touching the bonnet.

Standard cams at the moment, I certainly wont be fitting any other cams if it robs the torque figure but Matt is confident we should be able to keep/possibly increase this while increasing the BHP figure.