ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS RS2 intake manifold

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
i see this JMS RS2 intake on a thread how to get more power i have a 172 cup standard atm love the power and the handling cant stop smiling while driving it! but! i would love to get a bit more power ino you cant get massive gains with out megga bucks but hoping around 200bhp the plans so far are matched inlets 182 manifold with stealth exhaust and a remap and maybe launch control added on aswell are the JMS RS2 intakes worth it? someone said proven gains of 18bhp on a rolling road is this true? i brought the car and it has a green mushroom filter on but want to put a standard air box back on with uprated panel filter cars going for a full cambelt change and new dephaser pully next week as mine sounds like a deisel atm but shes parked up in my garage untill this has all been sorted any help would be great thanks craig

Fiesta ST-3
I have a head ache after reading that. But to summarise what I managed to decipher...

Yes they are a good bit of kit but use the search function as its been discussed lots of times.

Also good luck in buying one as they aren't made any longer iirc.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My 172 cup with RS2

haje2e3e.jpg

You won't get 200bhp with the bits you have listed. For 200 you are going to need to look at ITB's and cams, RS2 and 197 cams or boost.

I believe Mike of MWM is looking at a limited run of RS2's if there is enough interest.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
As far as engine goes, it's just the RS2, Ktec Supersport Stealth, 182 Manifold and Decat.

ude9yva9.jpg

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
looks smart isit true that having the 182 manifold is a expensive job? can you just have the 182 manifold and use the 172 exhuast ect or do u need other modifications for fitment

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Fitting the manifold is not a 5 min job, if you are paying someone to fit it I'm sure there is a couple of hours labour involved.

You still keep a 172 exhaust system but need a Decat link pipe or Sport Cat to join it all up (Ktec sell them).

geordie

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Is there. Any info about the possible group buy or is it just word of mouth?

Now Sold :-(
Very soon mate, very soon.

Just need to get the traders section sorted out.

How soon? Have a few ££ put aside to spend on the bean and would be very interested to know when this might happen.
Having experienced a ride in Toms RS2'd Clio when the manifold was first shown to the world of CS I was very impressed with the linear torque and throttle response. Not quite as good as bodies but a lot less ££££.

Nothing at the mo :(
How soon? Have a few ££ put aside to spend on the bean and would be very interested to know when this might happen.
Having experienced a ride in Toms RS2'd Clio when the manifold was first shown to the world of CS I was very impressed with the linear torque and throttle response. Not quite as good as bodies but a lot less ££££.

Just soon. patience is a virtue

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dan's and Mike's both made 200bhp on RS2 and 197 cams, on two different rolling roads, both of which were totally independant of all the work done.

Mike's was fitted and mapped by him, and independantly tested at surrey rolling road : 200.4bhp
Dan's was fitted by him, mapped by me, and independantly tested at TSR rolling road : 200bhp

Spec of both:
197 cams dialled in to MWM specs, RS2 intake manifold, free flowing exhaust and a decat.

I think 200bhp is probably a little optimistic to expect to always get, would only take the tiniest of differences to make it come in a bit less, but certainly over 190 seems a very realistic expectation.

Clio 182 FF
These were very interesting. I always thought they were a great idea, just a shame about the high cost... but understandable for the first production run as no doubt JMS had a lot of R&D money to make back on the initial batch. But if now they were to be produced in volume at a better price (perhaps maybe even using GRP instead of Carbon to keep the cost down) I can see them doing well.

Only real problem I remember reading about was some people couldn't get them mapped with non-stock Cams very well, but as Chip's post above implies with the 197 mild-upgrade cams, that was really just unlucky and if mapped properly they are fine... heck some tuners seem to have enough problems mapping a standard F4R!

Very soon mate, very soon.

Just need to get the traders section sorted out.

< Subscribes>

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There is a pretty small margin in them I reckon based on the number of small volume parts involved so don't expect the price to come down. Changing what the plenum is made of wouldn't make much difference either and I doubt James has any interest in compromising the finish that much just to save a few dozen quid.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are these now good? Last i read on here was a 5 page thread slating it.

There have been loads of threads on here about them, normally with a couple of idiots spouting some rubbish about them having never driven one, and there was one thread slating them cause ktec epically failed to map one even though me and mike and rs tuning have all had no problems. They then talked the customer into selling it and buying their cams instead.

Youd have to be a bit daft or have not read previous threads very well to get the impression they don't work well IMHO when so many people on here have 190bhp+ with them on independent rollers and the couple of Wallys slating them have no experience of driving them but all the people praising them have done so.

Your money though and hence your choice :)

172 Cup
Just had mine done @ rstuning:

20140405_103053.jpg
Dyno_JMS_Rs2.jpg

Can definitely feel the lower torque but the rs2 definitely improved the way the car feels and drives!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I reckon your cam timing is out. Shouldn't die off like that at the top end.
Big improvement at the bottom end of course and still some gains at top but I don't think quite as much as it could be.

Lovely to drive now though I'm sure :)

172 Cup
Yes, timing is a bit out unfort and just had my belts done about 3k miles ago as well. might consider re-doing them at some point but will need another remap as well i assume. Defo changed the way it drives! :D

I reckon your cam timing is out. Shouldn't die off like that at the top end.
Big improvement at the bottom end of course and still some gains at top but I don't think quite as much as it could be.

Lovely to drive now though I'm sure :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes will need tweaks to the map when it has the timing sorted.

Mwm latest timing figures would see around 8-10bhp typically but you'd be looking at a big bill with the remap too. Prob around 500 quid I guess.
Paul might be able to do something similar but not sure if it would be dearer as may require a bit more trial and error for him if he isn't experienced as timing cams for the rs2 as the figures aren't public domain.
group n inlet setting is a good start though. But I know mike actually doesn't quite use those values, but they are better than standard at least.

172 Cup
Why did you remove the extensions fella?

wouldn't fit in without removing the bonnet catch and fitting in bonnet pins unfort. Atm still want to be able to return to stock without major work :) Would the extension made any diff besides an increase in torque maybe ?
chip, Paul tried to get the most of it, had quite a few runs on the dyno to get it over 180bhp. Have the car booked in to do a major serv to get the car ready for an euro trip this summer so might get it back to Paul to correct the timing and get it re-mapped.

What else would be worth doing when i get to re-doing the belts and re-map to get maybe a bit more gains ?

It's how it drives that counts to be honest, torque looks a little dissapointing.
The only problem I see is you need to arrange fitting in line with belts and a remap for maximum results which is a shame as there is only one person who can tweak the timing for maximum power torque gains atm.

Regards Russ..........

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just do the cam timing mate , not really any other mods particuarly worthwhile without spending a lot.