ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joah's RB Fast road/Track Project

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I bought my RB clio 2 years ago now and have been using it as my daily car for this time, I had another project on the go which was a 2 litre mini but have recently been breaking this project and paying off debts...decided that the mini was too raw for what I wanted now and the clio I think fits the bill so this will be becoming my second car.

Anyway, this is what the clio looked like for the last two years:
9728828b.jpg

On friday I tavelled to pick up what seems to be the wheels of choice at the moment, im not fussed about following the crowd as I have wanted these wheels for a while and think they look good so thats all that matters, gave the car a clean this morning and took some pictures with the new wheels fitted:
DSCF2144.jpg

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2142.jpg

Next is once my subframes come through from KAM racing I shall be fitting the Corbeau Revolutions which were from my previous project and the Sabelt 4 point harnesses:
DSCF2146.jpg

Future plans are as follows:
1. Center caps for the 2118's
2. Fit camber bolts and get the tracking sorted
3. Replace various mounts and bushes with poly etc.
4. Possibly fit a rollcage but not for a while yet.

Want to try and get the car sorted for trax this year, not because I like the show but because I want to drive silverstone as have done it yet. Stay tuned for further updates.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I have always hated is the melting steering wheel so off with the old:

40d9e425.jpg

1614cdcf.jpg

And in with the new:

1ab43f4e.jpg

5556ffc9.jpg

Much better and I really like the dished wheel as had it on previous cars and prefer the wheel being close.

Couple of smaller changes:

Fitted a small aerial
488572dc.jpg

And some new CS stickers :)
a69930aa.jpg

Subframes should be here tomoz and seats and harnesses in soon woohoo!

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks good!

Have you gone for the OMP subframes, that KAM racing sell?

Yeah hopefully they fit with my sidemounts that I have for the seats..

Thanks for comments, car could do with being lowered but tried to do this last week only to find that the grub screws have welded themselves into the coilover collers. Will have to take the struts off and get them drilled out as they are hardened. (or just save and get some better coilvers hmmm....)