ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jones' 172 cup

2004 172 cup
Had my cup a month now after a bit of tinkering its about time i started a little project thread of the things ive done so far
After a clean this is how she first looked
clio clean.jpg
clio window.jpg

2004 172 cup with 49k on the clock she came with a full cat back exhaust system (unsure of brand), eibach springs all round, polybushed dogbone and a fancy kenwood sterio :boring:.

first job on the list was a knackered engine mount so that was replaced with an oe part straight away, whilst fixing this problem i noticed a bad power steering leak coming from the pressure switch so i managed to get a genuine renault part and set out about changing it.
clio front off.jpg

I then decided i had to get rid of the budget cheap crap tyres that where on there when i got it, i managed to get a full set of 195/45/16 toyo t1r's directly from toyo in japan for the price of 200 sheets.

clio new boots.jpg
clio tyres.jpg

i managed to get a few bits and bobs from the chaps on here to play about with
clio airbox.jpg
Before
clio simota.jpg
After
braided hoses.jpg
Still to fit

Thats it so far, next on the list is disks and pads on the front to go with some front braided hoses and a full fluid change along with fitting the rear hoses.
a set of matched inlets de-cat and a remap.

Any comments welcome
Thanks for looking

2004 172 cup
few more bits and bobs added, got hold of a fabia splitter, rear strut brace and some genuine renault service parts
i set about fitting the splitter luckily it seems at one point the privious owner had already fitted one as the screw holes were already there
splitter fitted
clio splitter.jpg
easily done and looks the part im thinking about removing the fog lights not sure yet though.
going to service her now next weekend and have a go at fixing the small oil leak i have then set about fitting the other bits and bobs i have

Attachments

• cliobar.jpg
    cliobar.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 162
  Clio
looking as lovely as ever mate, really nice example, might have to pop up to discount soon and have a proper nose around it;)

2004 172 cup
so its been a while since i updated my project, ive decided to take the cup in a different direction and make a fun track toy nothing competitive just a toy for me to do a handfull of trackdays in a year.
so far
cage 2.jpg cage 1.jpg
nothing too expensive just a basic cage and stripped out the seats rear carpets sound deadening ect,

Then i had to make the thing stop so these got delivered
tarox1.jpg tarox2.jpg taroxfitted.jpg
a lovely set of tar.ox g88s i fitted a set of mintex fast road pads that i had hanging around and she stops very well now

after a 300 mile round trip i finaly got the wheels ive wanted for a while

willywheelsfitted2.jpg willywheels fitted.jpg
set of williams wheels, i fitted a brand new set of 195/50/15 toyo t1r's although shes sitting a little high im over the moon with them

also added a little something to piss off the honda boys!

type r.jpg

heres a photoshop job my butty made

now then.jpg

next on the list is a whiteline arb then in no order a set of buckets and harnesses, sabelt wheel, a good set of coilys , and i need to learn how to drive around a track by the 7th of march :)

any comments welcome

Clio
looks great for the price, how come you didn't opt for the harness bars? or are you just going to get them added when you get the seats ect

Last edited: