ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jon's E46 Topaz Blue 330Ci

There are some with sportlines, but not MV1's, and then sometimes not with spacers. Then again, I've not really seen any autos with them fitted.

TBH the whole E46zone/E46 forums don't really post many photos. :/

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
real nice this jon, can still remember your non sport at fcs a couple of year ago. shame you had to part with the trophy because of your back problems tho

Weeman sucks ****
Anything more than 12mm on a drop will rub and you'll need your arches rolling.

My touring on Eibach pro springs and 12mm spacers is on the limmit.

Touring's and Saloons can take up to 15mm, Coupe's can take 20mm. Lots of people on E46 zone have mentioned this.

Anyway, I've bought some 20mm Eibach spacers for the rear, as they were cheap.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go prolines rather than sportlines. Sportlines will deck it surely? Or is that the plan? lol

You're probably right. I need to look at the two and get an idea of whats what.

A quick google search brings back this for prolines, which is exactly what I want.

dscf8877.jpg

Weeman sucks ****
That's too low at the front for pros I would say, you want sportlines or get some lowering top mounts (like i have on order).

Weeman sucks ****
Is that the auto box?

The sportlines don't lower the touring anymore than the pros, quite a few different outcomes accross the variants.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I'm pretty sure the sportlines are 30mm ish and the pro lines are like 15mm

Wouldn't waste my time for 15mm!

Pro lines are a fair bit more too, can't understand why, firmer ride perhaps?

I say it often but the way that car drove even with those springs on was infinitely impressive.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I really should have kept that 320d tbf, would have saved me thousands lol.

I say the same thing most days.

My main fear was the DMF/Clutch. I never ever thrashed it from 0mph, until one day I didn, and I could hear a f**king rattle straight away.

Or at least I thought I could. Never made it again, but it was enough to scare me away.

Bloody epic car. Best I've had.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I say the same thing most days.

My main fear was the DMF/Clutch. I never ever thrashed it from 0mph, until one day I didn, and I could hear a f**king rattle straight away.

Or at least I thought I could. Never made it again, but it was enough to scare me away.

Bloody epic car. Best I've had.

Don't worry, it did a few donuts at Le Mans and was fine lol. Its ok though, I warmed it up 1st :eek:

320d's are very similar to M3's actually, you spend 99% of your time in them thinking that you just heard something that 'could be the end' for your wallet. Most of the time its nothing to worry about, but the seed of doubt gets sown, & you find yourself back in a 330. Has happened twice to me now lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure the sportlines are 30mm ish and the pro lines are like 15mm

Wouldn't waste my time for 15mm!

Pro lines are a fair bit more too, can't understand why, firmer ride perhaps?

I say it often but the way that car drove even with those springs on was infinitely impressive.

Pro lines are not as harsh as sportlines. They also lower a fair whack more than 15mm.

[h=3]PRO-KIT 1[/h]
  • High Performance Handling
  • Aggressive Looks
  • Lowers Vehicle* 1.0" - 1.5"
  • Stop Quicker, Corner Faster and get Better MPG
  • Progressive Spring Design for
  • Excellent Ride Quality

[h=3]SPORTLINE[/h]
  • Extreme Performance Meets Extreme Style
  • Race-Car Like Handling
  • Lower than our Pro-Kit. Lowers Vehicle 1.7" - 2.3"
  • Progressive Spring Design for Excellent Ride Quality

Copied from their site. My pro lines have lowered about 1.5 inches maybe more tbh.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Sportlines def look best on the 46. Pro's dont seem to lower anywhere near what they do on the E90.

LY FF182
Coilovers and style 68's!!!!

70.jpg

​My old one which I got rid off for a 182 LY. In 6 months I did 8.5k miles and spent over £3k on petrol alone :O

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Don't worry, it did a few donuts at Le Mans and was fine lol. Its ok though, I warmed it up 1st :eek:

320d's are very similar to M3's actually, you spend 99% of your time in them thinking that you just heard something that 'could be the end' for your wallet. Most of the time its nothing to worry about, but the seed of doubt gets sown, & you find yourself back in a 330. Has happened twice to me now lol.

Hahahahaha

Will see what happens to me then!