ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just A Little Bit Worrying: Cant Open Drivers Door, Wont Lock?

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Ok, the story goes:
Walked out to my car to pick a mate up from town, unlock the car as i walk over to it. attempt to open the drivers door to get in and the handle lifts but the door does not open!
Had to get in through the passenger door.
I can open the drivers door from the inside but not from the outside. When i lock it, nothing happens on the drivers side.

Anyone had a similar problem or know of a solution?

Cheers
Nick

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Oh right, ill have to take the door card off and have a ganders me thinks.
Not in too much of a hurry cause no1 can get in...

Ok, the story goes:
Walked out to my car to pick a mate up from town, unlock the car as i walk over to it. attempt to open the drivers door to get in and the handle lifts but the door does not open!
Had to get in through the passenger door.
I can open the drivers door from the inside but not from the outside. When i lock it, nothing happens on the drivers side.

Anyone had a similar problem or know of a solution?

Cheers
Nick

mine is doing this too mate just did it this morning. did you find out the probelm and the cost? cheers

A

andyjm28

I had this a while ago, went on for about a month then one day started working again! no problems since...

*Oh and it worked if you put the key in, turned it & lifted the handle at the same time*

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Is it normal not to have a barrel lock on the driver's door but one on the passenger door?

its a french car,
same story with the bonnet release,

all designed as left hand drive and the converted,

i have one on both!! :D PH1 FTW!!!