ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 182

Leon TDI

Just bought me a Black Gold 182 :D
Its an ex-demostrator with 2k miles on the clock and was three months old this month. Its the same car i test drove last Friday.
Its got the Sound Pack, Cup Spoiler Pack and Cup Suspension Pack.

If all goes to plan, and the DVLA process the paperwork to exchange my number plate, i can pick it up on Saturday.

Apparently the breakdown cover on new Renaults has changed slightly.
The cover no longer extends to non waranty incidents such as:

* Use of incorrect fuel = £95 call out charge
* Wheel changes = £95 call out charge
* Locked in or lost keys = £95 call out charge
* Road accidents = £175 call out charge

You can extend your cover for a one off payment of £50.

I called Direct Line to ask about the increase in insurance. The guy i spoke to said the Cup Packs do not affect the premium, even though they are optional extras, as they are fitted by the manufacturer.
They are covered if i need to make a claim as i have declared the value of the car.
Only after market mods affect your premium.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Woof on 05 June 2004

I called Direct Line to ask about the increase in insurance. The guy i spoke to said the Cup Packs do not affect the premium, even though they are optional extras, as they are fitted by the manufacturer.
They are covered if i need to make a claim as i have declared the value of the car.
Im with Tesco and the guy I spoke to claimed they would increase mine. If they do then Im just going to cancel my policy.

From a 172 to a 182 is a £30 increase. With Cup extras its £184 and my XS increases to £500. No way am I paying that.

Congrats on the new car.

lee, they shouldnt affect your insurance, the only thing that will, is the fact its a different car, that will account for most of the extra premium! if u arent happy, ring em back and query it, and i wouldnt b surprised if they cant find it! yknow all that surname and d.o.b business, and if they can find it, just check they have it down as maufacturer fitted, not modifications! it has happened b4!:(

Leon TDI

I really did stress the point that i have heard that cup packs increase the premium over a standard 182 without these optional extras.

He told me they dont alter the policy. When i asked whould i be covered in the event of a claim he told me i would as the Cup packs are reflected in the cost of the car when i declair the value.

The increase from 172 to 182 is around £30 for me too, as the car is a higher insurance group.

Hmm, seems a bit weird tho....

it isnt weird at all, manufacturer options, r not modifications, they r options, that is y they do not charge extra for them! u have told them it has the cup option, as far as the underwriters r concerned, its just a few xtras that renault make, which u have had added on! is that easy to understand?!:confused:

Leon TDI

Its weird, in so much, that there does not seem to be a consistant message from the insurance companies.

Some, like Direct line, tell me its not a problem. While i have read other people say that their insurance company charge extra.

Lee

BMW M2C

Arent Tesco underwritten by Direct Line too?

When I called and asked about the Cup extras all the guy on the other end of the phone was hearing was "modified car". I explained they are factory fitted options and its not a modified car. I think I just got a bit of a t*t really and when I call to organise the cover things should be okay. If not, they loose my business.

By the way, whats in the Sound pack?

[Edited by Lee M on 05 June 2004 at 2:05pm]

ok, i c wot u mean. most large insurers dont charge for this, but inevitably some do. if they do charge for this, as i said to lee m, then change to someone who doesnt! for instance, norwich union dont, d/line and tesco dont, more than dont etc!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

sound pack? wtf

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 05 June 2004 at 2:10pm]

And the 182 has the same group Rating as the 172 (16d) i cant see why they increased your premium, even if it is new the premium should be the same.

[Edited by Tomclio182 on 05 June 2004 at 2:12pm]

Leon TDI

Sound Pack info from the Renault blurb:

* 4 x 40W Single CD RDS radio with 6 speakers and fingertip remote control.

* Under seat mounted 6 CD multi-changer.

* Upgraded speakers.

£350.

Lee

BMW M2C

Im with Tesco. :confused:

But like I said, I think I just got a bit of a chimp when I called. When I get the car reg and sort the new cover out Ill just declare it as a 182 with Cup pack.

Lee

BMW M2C

I thought it already had all those things, minus the autochanger. Which reminds me, I should go and rip that out the 172.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yes it has all of that as standard.

Upgraded speakers are a myth, the "sound pack" must be the cd changer alone.

Leon TDI

I thought so too. The book which i have which states standard equipment "Single CD with 6 speakers and remote control".

I was surprised to see cruise control as standard tho.

:confused:ok lee m8, tescos insurance is provided by uki, which is part of wot used to b direct line, and is now all part of rbs insurance. altho tescos is still iunder the tesco brand obviously! god that took for ever to right!

Just bought me a Black Gold 182 :D
Its an ex-demostrator with 2k miles on the clock and was three months old this month. Its the same car i test drove last Friday.
Its got the Sound Pack, Cup Spoiler Pack and Cup Suspension Pack.

If all goes to plan, and the DVLA process the paperwork to exchange my number plate, i can pick it up on Saturday.

Apparently the breakdown cover on new Renaults has changed slightly.
The cover no longer extends to non waranty incidents such as:

* Use of incorrect fuel = £95 call out charge
* Wheel changes = £95 call out charge
* Locked in or lost keys = £95 call out charge
* Road accidents = £175 call out charge

You can extend your cover for a one off payment of £50.

how can u be locked in a car ?

other than that sounds good matey!:)

dont pink mine uo for over a month yet! roll on 15th july!!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

I may go with Direct Line or Renault then if I have to, as both gave pretty good quotes on the 172.

Cheers guys, and sorry for taking things a little OT.

Leon TDI

Sorry, i was being lazy when i typed. It should have been if you lock your keys in your car and have to call out the AA.

BTW, Did anyone SuperGuard their car?

Sorry, i was being lazy when i typed. It should have been if you lock your keys in your car and have to call out the AA.

BTW, Did anyone SuperGuard their car?

dont waste your money, its pish, the interior spray is okay but forget the paint protector, if you do a search on ebay for SUPAGARD as its spelt you can pick it up for around £25, i paid £125 for the paint, interior

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 172mgw on 05 June 2004

lee m8,guess who does renaults insurance?
I know mate, but it appears to be that as with most large companies the left hand doesnt know what the right one is doing!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

if they are all part of the same group, why the hell did tescos quote £100 more tat Direct line and Renault insurance was ridiculously expensive, Direct Line on the other hand were cheap?

Your right in saying that they are not modifications, but are extras. I work for an insurance company (working in IT), and Ive heard the telesales people asking calls "does the car have an non-standard options fitted", which could be anything on the extras list!

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 05 June 2004

Yes it has all of that as standard.
Upgraded speakers are a myth, the "sound pack" must be the cd changer alone.
The standard head unit is 4x22w iirc

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

I was told (and read) that the standard head unit was 4x40w on the "Cabasse Auditorium" system. I think the only thing you really add is the CD changer @ £300

dk

911 GTS Cab

afaik, I was offered it after I had bought the car by a different dealer as the dealer i bought it off didnt offer it to me.

225 & Audi S4

thanks for your help dave, this all seems very new too me, can i ask what afaik means dont mean to sound rude.

it means "as far as i know"

as for the optional extras, when i rang direct line up they asked me if had anymods and i said i had goen for some of the optional extras and they asks if this would be done in the factory while it was being made and they told me it did not matter then as it would still be classed as standard :) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 07 June 2004 at 10:20pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by blaupunkt on 07 June 2004

it means "as far as i know"

as for the optional extras, when i rang direct line up they asked me if had anymods and i said i had goen for some of the optional extras and they asks if this would be done in the factory while it was being made and they told me it did not matter then as it would still be classed as standard :) <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 07 June 2004 at 10:20pm] <SCRIPT language=javascript>
I mentioned this to Jeremy from Renault while at the Motorshow and he said the same. Anyway, Ill find out what Tesco decide to do in just over 2 weeks now.