ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 350d.....

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Just need abit of info...
came with two lenses and three filters and i dont really know enough about photography to know what each is for! lol

Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 II EF-S Lens - takes 58mm filters
Sigma 28-105mm 3.8-5.6 UC-III Lens (includes lens hood) - takes 62mm filters

Hoya 58mm Circular polarising filter
Hoya 58mm Skylight 1B filter
Jessops 62mm Skylight 1A filter

so what are each for and when would i use each?

/carl

the skylights are similar to UV filters and should be used all the time when not using another filter. The Circular Polarising filter will help produce bluer skies on landscapes and reduce non metallic glare. You have to attach it and then turn it so that it gives the correct effect

Cant help on the info you need, but im looking to buy a 350d or a d40/x. Any chance you can tell me where you got it and how much you paid?

Cheers

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
payed £242 off ebay..
came with:

Canon 350D DSLR Body

Lenses:

Canon 18-55mm
3.5-5.6 II EF-S Lens - takes 58mm filters
Sigma 28-105mm 3.8-5.6 UC-III Lens (includes lens hood) - takes 62mm filters

Filters:

Hoya 58mm Circular polarising filter
Hoya 58mm Skylight 1B filter
Jessops 62mm Skylight 1A filter

Memory Cards:

Lexar 48x 256MB memory card
Sandisk 256MB memory card
Crucial 256MB memory card

Also included:

Manual
Canon Battery (NB-2L)
Canon Battery charger and lead
USB Lead
Video out lead
Kodak Gear Bag
Jessops Mini Tripod

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
the skylights are similar to UV filters and should be used all the time when not using another filter. The Circular Polarising filter will help produce bluer skies on landscapes and reduce non metallic glare. You have to attach it and then turn it so that it gives the correct effect

so always use the skylight? and only use the circular polarising when doing landscape shots?

skylight for when taking pics of cars with landscape backdrop?

/carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
what about the different lenses? is there any difference between them?

/carl

yeah the measurement in mm is the focal length. it tells you whether its wide angle or telephoto etc. I will find a link to explain properly

ValverInBits
LOL @ ME

I knew BMW didn't make a 5 litre diesel 3 series. why did i get so excited clicking this thread