ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a quote!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Went to the local garage were i use to do work expiriance, and just got a quote for my cambelt.

Like you have all probably herd its done 50k and is 7 yrs old, the car is in lovely condition tho!

250 pound all in...

is this a good price?

yeah dont sound to bad, you mite wanna get it done soon though seems like your over the required date.

M

mini-valver

The aux belt needs doing at the same time, if that goes, it takes your new cambelt with it. Air con models have a more complex aux belt, still gotta come off to do the cambelt though so you'll only have to pay for the belt and tensioners. PM SBV116

Yozza'd Titanium 182
so i need to mention the aux belt too then? bloody hell, i just done understand how like old women now about this 5hit its ridiculus!

Lionel Richie
do they have the renault cambelt locking tools?

you'll need new cam seals too (£11)

pm your reg and i'll price up the parts

Lionel Richie
i have 24hour access to the renault parts system, i was only offering to price up the parts for you! don't bite my head off

M

mini-valver

LOL! dotJdotAdotMdotEdotSdot Listen to people, believe it or not, no-ones out to rip you off. Please yourself. Happy motoring.

Lotus Elise 111R
Make sure you take it somewhere who knows that you need special tools, aux belt and cambelt changing. It may cost you £400, but that is what it costs! Painful I know, just unlucky it has'nt been done before, or rather lucky it has'nt broken, needing £1300 of work!!

Cam/aux is well known to be expensive. You will just have to bite the bullet...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i have 24hour access to the renault parts system, i was only offering to price up the parts for you! don't bite my head off

in the question....

"why would you need me reg?"

please explain how it compares to biting your head off?

Fred needs your reg to bring up your car on the screen so he can price up for you. He is not going to come round & steal your car or something lol.

The dude knows his stuff.

No offence here, but you were on here asking stuff before you got it, then you bought it without any of the things like the cambelt done, things that should have been done ages ago.

Lionel Richie
TIMING KIT 2 ROLLERS RENAULT

SET-TIMR SFT DRVR
Part number : 7701477014

£95.82+vat

ACCESSORIES KIT RENAULT

KIT-ACCSSRY DRIVN
Part number : 7701477517

£37.43+vat

THREADED CAP RENAULT

SEAL PLUG
Part number : 7700106271

£6.64+vat

THREADED CAP RENAULT

SEAL PLUG
Part number : 7700274026

£3.08+vat

i think thats all, they're the genuine renault prices

The aux belt needs doing at the same time, if that goes, it takes your new cambelt with it. Air con models have a more complex aux belt, still gotta come off to do the cambelt though so you'll only have to pay for the belt and tensioners. PM SBV116

As above, I had a major service inc. aux and cambelt plus a dodgy earthed rear light fixed for less than £350 by SBV116 & co @ Birchdown.

Really happy with there service.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
U shouldnt'v bothered Fred..

some people dont appreciate people helping them out..:(

Yozza'd Titanium 182
TIMING KIT 2 ROLLERS RENAULT

SET-TIMR SFT DRVR
Part number : 7701477014

£95.82+vat

ACCESSORIES KIT RENAULT

KIT-ACCSSRY DRIVN
Part number : 7701477517

£37.43+vat

THREADED CAP RENAULT

SEAL PLUG
Part number : 7700106271

£6.64+vat

THREADED CAP RENAULT

SEAL PLUG
Part number : 7700274026

£3.08+vat

i think thats all, they're the genuine renault prices

i really appritiate the effort here but im sorry i just don't understand what so ever?

cant i just take it to the local garage?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
good greif. . .:dead:
just listen to Fred. . .the list tells you what you need

i understand that but what would a little old lady do when she needs her cambelt re-doing?

how would she go and get all them parts?
i just simply want to go... "here is my car, fix it, thanks, heres the money, goodbye"

just like an old lady, pmsl

the giveaway was where fred said they are geniune renault prices/parts. . .therefore where you can get them from is pretty much spelt out for you

Mercedes C Class Sport
f**king hell! The prices Fred got were if you were buying the parts to change the cambelt yourself...If you take it to the garage they'll provide the parts