ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got me a PS3

Citroen DS3 DSport
Don't mention feckin Play to me. 7 days now and still no sign of GT4 or GTA VC :( I don't think I'll order from them again. Both were posted to me last Friday.

Not tried Virtua Tennis 3 yet, Ninja Gaiden had potential but the camera control is terrible. Hopefully it's possible to reverse the controls in the option menus, I'll try again tonight.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Don't mention feckin Play to me. 7 days now and still no sign of GT4 or GTA VC :( I don't think I'll order from them again. Both were posted to me last Friday.

Not tried Virtua Tennis 3 yet, Ninja Gaiden had potential but the camera control is terrible. Hopefully it's possible to reverse the controls in the option menus, I'll try again tonight.

Checked the Royal Mail tracking number they give you?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
what the ps3 needs is quality games that are only out on the ps3 thats the only way you are going to see the ps3 performing as it should thats way things ant compromised to make the code easy to port

Thats what made the PS2 ! The amount of people I know that bought a PS2 just for San Andreas !

yup exactly i bought one for GT, final fantasy, mgs, and gta

but as they are all now coming out on the 360 whats the point at the moment getting both ? (ok mgs isnt confirmed yet but ms are looking at buying into it)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah they said the items were posted last Friday and that they cannot help anymore until 21 days have passed. With any luck they'll arrive before then. Not exactly a prompt and reliable service.

Yeah they said the items were posted last Friday and that they cannot help anymore until 21 days have passed. With any luck they'll arrive before then. Not exactly a prompt and reliable service.

maybe its not their fault but royal mail are the ones delivering them so the fault quite possibly sits with them

SLK 350
However you look at it, it's unhelpful. On this occasion Royal Mail are Plays customer therefore Play should persue the items on Sneeks behalf, and taking a "we can't do anything for 21 days" response is frankly bull. I refuse to believe that a company the size of Play sent items out 'willy nilly' without any form of tracking or point of contact with Royal Mail.

Typical "we don't care" hands off bull IMO.

Citroen DS3 DSport
On reading a thread on AV Forums it would seem that lately many people are having the same experience with Play.

Has your PS3 arrived yet?

SLK 350
Nopes it's being shipped with RMSD so it will be delivered before 1pm, but i'm at work today so hopefully my neighbour will collect it until I get back.

Whats the crack with signing upto the online games side of things? I assume that not all games are network ready - could I play VF5 or COD3 online easily?

im supprised vf5 isnt online actually was reading a review of it this morning it seems the game is very good but falls down due to no online

dk

911 GTS Cab
play have been crap for over a year no IMO, in the early days when it was play247 the service was good as they were trying to impress, these days they couldn't seem to care less, i never use them now.

gameplay for games every time

BMW 328 Ci
Apparently Tekken is going to be fully online :D

Do you mean the tekken (tekken 5) you download from the store for £6.99. Its not online, the only thing you can do online is buy items and pictures. It seems like its a direct port of the arcade game, there isnt even a back button if you choose the wrong character etc. Its still well worth the money though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ Yet more evidence it's not selling.

I want everyone bar the original Xboxers to get a PS3 and fook off XBox live. Too many pricks out there playing for my liking.

Forza should be fun next month... Oh and Halo3 beta on the 15th :)

SLK 350
Who needs evidence, it's there in plain english that it isn't selling aswell as Sony would like, yet interestingly BlueRay is selling at a rate of 2:1 ahead of HD-DVD.

The fact is, I don't care which console the fanboys decide to slate there's kids all over the internet like you saying exactly the same whine. Each console has it merits, end of.

Right im signed upto PSN, my PS3 name is: Jahoker

Anybody with a PS3 add me!! :)

(Only games I have right now though are COD3/VF5/GT:HD)

Citroen DS3 DSport
What are your initial impressions of it? Download plenty of demos from the US, UK, HK and Japan online stores :)

I added you but the only full price game I have right now is F1.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
no one seem to like the ps3 from the people ive talked to they would rather spend the money on a xbox360 and a Wii

Citroen DS3 DSport
You can put me at the start of your list of people who do like the PS3 and 360 :)

I got bored of the Wii within a week and sold it.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
I wanna go on one before i make up my mind :) but i only like racing games got an xbox 360 16months ago and tbh ive been disapoint with it so far.

SLK 350
What are your initial impressions of it? Download plenty of demos from the US, UK, HK and Japan online stores :)

I added you but the only full price game I have right now is F1.

Initial impressions are it's a fantastic piece of kit!

The quality of visuals on Virtua Fighter (haven't yet played COD3) are absolutely immense. Same can be said for GT:HD although indeed the cars don't seem to corner at more than 30mph without losing drive(?).

Just downloaded (and promptly deleted) Ridge Racer 7, that is in honesty the worse game i've played in a LONG time...What the fk is going on with the handling of the cars, and the corner drifting I have no idea...but it's no NFSU that's for sure! Pish!!!

Blueray wise, the quality is superb again...really is a step up from DVD. Just need to hook myself up with a new amp now and get my sound sorted once and for all.

I've not yet looked into the Linux side of things, is there a link to DL Ubuntu?

Also can you make me aware of how to poach from other regional stores, as mine just defaults to the UK one, and im not sure how to check the others.

Nice bit of kit anyway, am pleased with it :D

P.S Got your invite, added you - Cheers.

P.P.S F1 anygood mate? Might download the demo and have a butchers, but i've always been more of a GT, Toca man myself.

Citroen DS3 DSport
:D I did the exact same thing with Ridge Racer 7, utter crap game.

Create a new user and name it for whichever region you wish and then signup for the PSN again with a new master account. So long as you enter a valid US address (or any other region you choose) then you will gain access to that store. I currently live in a US Pizza Hut :D Obviously choose not to register a credit card for the new region as you will not really have a need for it.

I think F1 is excellent but you may think it's a limited appeal format
based on the games you'd usually prefer.

Ubuntu guide and link here

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-7-04-on-PS3-52699.shtml

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't want to watch downloaded movies etc on my PC when I have a perfectly good TV to watch them on.