ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got me a PS3

Octy VRS
I received mine too I think the offer was open to the first 500,000 to register so I'd expect that was up but I don't know. What's an RJ45 port? Is that a normal phone socket thing, if so yes.

SLK 350
Superb! :)

I'll take the wired option then as it's going to be living like 3ft from my router.

Ubuntu sounds great, is that via an install or via a Live disc?

EDIT

Yeh RJ45 = Network connection = "phoney type thingy"

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
You can demo it from the Live disc and opt to install from there. Be sure and choose the manual partition settings and then confirm the default values it offers to you otherwise the install will freeze at 15%. No such problem with YDL.

SLK 350
Being delivered tomorrow, so don't have it just yet. Can't wait to get on Virtua Fighter though lol, used to love paint VF3 coin-op...drunken shun! ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
thats a good buy, the console is fantastic, both for bluray and games, its very capable, ignore the people who don't own one, they don't know what they are missing.

How about those that do own one? They know what they are missing even more so, decent games for starters. lol

The only thing it's good for is playing Blyray movies, and I don't have time to watch those.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm hoping the downloadable PS1 games appear in the PSN shop tonight, I'd like to play Destruction Derby or Wipeout and remind me of the old days :)

SLK 350
Lee, remind me of a console launch that actually had a good array of titles on launch to satisfy everybody. It's always been a problem with early adoption - was the same on the N64, the DC, Wii (save for Zelda, which isn't for everyone), and the 360(?).

I'm not in a rush to buy games, I want it so I can actually justify my HDTV purchase, and for it's media capabilities. The fact I can watch a BR movie without having to listen to a 360 fan over, and without the audio being compressed to a silly low bit rate. Games are just a bonus.

Lee

BMW M2C
PS1 actually had a pretty good product line up at launch. An almost arcade perfect Ridge Racer on a home console was the thing of dreams. The rest have been pretty weak but still had a killer app.

If anyone thinks the PS3 has a killer app at present then they have no idea what a decent game is.

As I said, as a blu ray player it's superb, I watched T2 on it the other day and it looked amazing. As a games console it's currently the weakest of the 3.

Octy VRS
I think we've established the fact that there aren't many decent titles yet, but there will be. Personally I can't afford to keep buying games all the time and don't have the time to sit there every night playing them. I have Motorstorm and downloaded Gripshift which will keep me going for a couple of months until something else I fancy comes out.

I'm also using it a lot to playback programs and films I've downloaded onto my external HD.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I find that my PS3 is used more often than my 360, as a media center using Linux it is brillaint, that plus BD was worth the investment. I had been looking at Media Players costing £199 so to put that money towards the PS3 made more sense.

Gaming is great fun too with some brilliant cheap games available for download from PSN.

Using linux with VLC you can stream downloaded films etc from external HDD or flash drives.

SLK 350
^I'm not really up on the games scene mate in honesty these days. Have no time of real thirst for sitting playing games, but i'm sure there is some great titles being released. I used to love playing games like Rez on my DC, theres an original game for you :)

I loved my Dreamcast, I remember the first time I played Soul Caliber on it, I was blown away, and in fact it still holds up today as a smart looking game!

SLK 350
Can you elaborate on this matey?

Well when GT5, PES, MGS, GTA IV are launched things will change somewhat I'm sure.

pes is on the 360, gta4 is on 360 mgs is quite possibly comming to the 360 too so that just leaves gt5 then as a ps3 exclusive

Jesus christ man...

So you're telling me that these games are poor releases? The reason I listed them is because for me they look like being good additions to any games collection, and games are what the PS3 needs by all accounts.

I'll put this in big letters so you can all read it:

CAN YOU ALL STOP THIS BULLSH*T 360vs.PS3 WHINE.

KTHX.

pes is on the 360, gta4 is on 360 mgs is quite possibly comming to the 360 too so that just leaves gt5 then as a ps3 exclusive

Jesus christ man...

So you're telling me that these games are poor releases? The reason I listed them is because for me they look like being good additions to any games collection, and games are what the PS3 needs by all accounts.

I'll put this in big letters so you can all read it:

CAN YOU ALL STOP THIS BULLSH*T 360vs.PS3 WHINE.

KTHX.

i quite like the ps3 ffs !!! all im saying is the games are all going to be cross platform so it doesnt matter what console you buy !!!!

what the ps3 needs is quality games that are only out on the ps3 thats the only way you are going to see the ps3 performing as it should thats way things ant compromised to make the code easy to port

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the F1 game is excellent. The framerate is great and if you like F1 it's a very enjoyable game.

Octy VRS
Personally can't wait for a new Resident Evil. That in HD with the lights off and surround will be brown trousers time! Would be good with online play too.

PS3 owners can download GT HD concept free from the playstation shop, just looked on the GT site ;)

doesnt everyone know this ? it looks alright but it feels very clinical and artificial its hard to explain what i mean. but its fun to play for a bit

Citroen DS3 DSport
GT HD is not very good :D Graphics are nice but the car control is terrible. The cars do not enjoy cornering.

Dci 100
I dont Know McBunny, why dont you go round and ask everyone, i would but i have to look busy, that takes up most part of my day :p

Sneeks, i always thought they dont corner too great in GT4, although they do if you start messing around with the suspension set up, I'm gonna wait to see how it compares to Forza, I've always liked GT but if its no good then i'm not gonna bother

Clio 172 Mk2
think everyone needs to agree all the ps3 needs is a few decent titles which it will obivously get in the next year. Things are just making it look a bit bad at the moment with games like fear being released looking pretty terrible in the graphics front. Will most definately improve though, is sony after all!
Makes me wonder how much more popular it will become once it's hacked too!! ;) . I reckon a good chunk of 360 sales are because the firmware can be hacked. I certainly know its the reason i bought mine lol

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i find it funny that people say the ps3 is in its early days they are naive. its had 7months now, plus the many months/years of testing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
thats a good buy, the console is fantastic, both for bluray and games, its very capable, ignore the people who don't own one, they don't know what they are missing.

How about those that do own one? They know what they are missing even more so, decent games for starters. lol

The only thing it's good for is playing Blyray movies, and I don't have time to watch those.
i think F1 is one of the best games I own on any platform.

Citroen DS3 DSport
i find it funny that people say the ps3 is in its early days they are naive. its had 7months now, plus the many months/years of testing.

It still is early days as a large share of gaming software companies put PS3 game development on the backburner when the original release date for late 2005/early 2006 was scrapped. Focus went to the 360 and PC which is why we are now getting crap quality ports of 360 games. Had the PS3 made the initial launch date then I'm sure Sony would still command the no1 console position with developers but they didn't and Microsoft have benefitted greatly.

Over the coming year we will see games becoming available which have been designed to fully make use of the PS3 rather than a substandard port. I own both consoles so I'll be able to play the best games on whichever system I choose.

Monaro VXR
You will find most games on both consoles will be near enough identical. Typically get better lighting on the PS3 and better texture quality on the 360. But apart from that very little difference. And exclusive games wont be so popular now especially since the console isn't selling as well in the states or Europe as its competitors so more companies will just make the games cross platform its in there best interests to make money and making it cross platform is the ideal way to get more people to buy the game.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm downloading the Ninja Gaiden demo from the Japanese online store, it only appeared there tonight :)

SLK 350
They anygood mate?

'It' arrives today :D

Still waiting on Play to ship my HDMI lead mind....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!