ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just put my 172 on rolling road

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
just come back from a rolling road my 172 made 151.2hp i think im write in saying they only made about 160 anyway never near 172.

it needs a service and i have not had it long so i think its a good sorta base to start on as its standard

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Vary like f**k on rollers anyway don't they (results). Anything run on the same day to compare it to? From what I've read on here a 172 usually puts out about 160ish and a 182 and 170.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
yer its standard. the guy said has it been serviced cause he felt it could get more if it was. i do know it needs a service juet had 2 wait till payday. my air filter is dirty as fook i knew about this before though think im gonna get a panel filter.

no other clios to compare with i was with mates who all have jap cars.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
no why would that be near the 172? there were 300zx loads of s14's and rx7
it was at re worx in portsmouth

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
That figure isn't too bad is it a ph1 or ph2 172? Does it drive nicely on the road? Really that's what matters the most, how it responds on the roads... But your right not many make book figure of 160 odd bhp (172ps).

172Tb'd, Z4 35idrive
my 172 got 170 the last 2 time i rolling roaded it. why dont you service it your self if worried about it, only cost you 50quid. oil, oilfilter, air filter. I change the oil every couple 1000 miles.

182 BEAN
mine went in for a rr road before some engine work and with an itg panel and k tec exhaust my 182 pushed 175 out , with a jms induction package and de cat it now rolls in at 181.8 bhp at the fly

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
its a ph2

i am going to service it but really couldnt afford it and when i service peoples car's all day at work last thing i feel like doing is mine. but will do soon

whats a good air filter to get?

VaVa
That's a bit low imho. Anything below 160 is a bit low. Although there a fair few variables involved, of course.

172 PS = just under 170 bhp.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
the guy said it seemed ok and said there wasnt really any problems with it. Just feel like it should of been more to me.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
That's a bit low imho. Anything below 160 is a bit low. Although there a fair few variables involved, of course.

172 PS = just under 170 bhp.

They never make book if you go to a good rolling road. Although as you say, most put out in teh low 160's. Have seen lower but as OP says could be down to a service.

e91 330d/type r mini
i think thats a bit low personally, i had my pahase 1 on rs tunings rrd an thursday and made 172.8bhp with m own makeshift matched inlets and a decat. im pretty sure they wouldnt of given me 20bhp. i might be wrong though.