ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K&N DCI induction kit

Hi guys, i have a 03 mk2 1.5L derv clio dynam and was wondering if an induction kit would make it sound nicer?

Also i've heard diesel's don't need to draw in cool air so I won't have to pipe it to the front of the car, is this true?

Thanks!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
just no !

induction kits on diesel is a no no unless you have cronic boost levels ( which the dci wont lol )

which plank told you diesels dont need to draw in cool air? :/

a simple aftermarket panel filter to fit the standard air box is more than enough. relocate the air feed pipe to somewhere more airflow sufficiant.

just no !

induction kits on diesel is a no no unless you have cronic boost levels ( which the dci wont lol )

a simple aftermarket panel filter to fit the standard air box is more than enough. relocate the air feed pipe to somewhere more airflow sufficiant.

A friend of mine did a car mechanics course so I thought he might know his stuff :/

I'll just get a new panel filter then, thanks!

Don't want to waste my money if I won't get any gain from it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mechanics courses generally isn't where your going to learn about increasing the performance of a car!

DCI clios sound terrible with open filters on them, I tried one on my mapped dci 100 out of curiosity and it sounded rubbish, every time I lifted off the throttle it made a deep tractor like groan!

DCI clios sound terrible with open filters on them, I tried one on my mapped dci 100 out of curiosity and it sounded rubbish, every time I lifted off the throttle it made a deep tractor like groan!

Haha ok I definetly won't be getting one! :p would a remap be worth it though?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
just no !

Well they technically don't if they have a good intercooler. Why you'd want to put an induction kit on a tractor engine is beyond me anyway but crack on!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Better cleaner air works wonders ;) all a intercooler does is keep charge temps down. Colder air feed to the turbo works allot better along side it. Cleaner burn

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Better cleaner air works wonders ;) all a intercooler does is keep charge temps down. Colder air feed to the turbo works allot better along side it. Cleaner burn

Think so? I thought it generally wouldn't matter as the intercooler would take care of the heated up air by the turbo so a cold air feed wouldn't make a difference at all? I have to take off my cold air feed from my air box when its below 8c as I get overboost issues.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
You'd defiantly know if you had a pod filter on the dci turbo.
Specially ontop of it . Heat stroke makes boost issues.

Its different for for diesels as appose to petrol's. I haven't had any over boost issues running a cold air feed.

only time I have over boost is when I rag it into another gear and the turbo carries on from the last knows turbine RPM