ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec alternative in South East

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Getting matched inlets in Feb and iTG filter + remap. Just wondering if there's a nearer place to me than KTEC & dare I say it, cheaper. £489 all in, not sure

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I think you will be a tad upset with the lack of any real improvement for your £500

WRX
Keep the car standard. £500 on beer and women will provide far more satisfaction. Otherwise Dan will sort you out.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
INCORRECT!! not all cups have the RS lower inlet and yes they are a better cast than the normal inlet's but there is still some improvement to be made on them

No, both inlets are matched to each other from the factory, the gains from matching are minimal on normal inlets, on these its practically nothing.

Lionel Richie
If you have RS inlets you are wasting your money, non RS though is a different story (but still not an AMAZING difference!)

No, both inlets are matched to each other from the factory, the gains from matching are minimal on normal inlets, on these its practically nothing.

nope!!! iv seen atleast 3 cups which didn't have the RS lower inlet and as said these are the better cast which have less to remove than the standard inlets, also your not just matching them 2 each other but also smoothing the internal of the inlet for improved airflow

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

eh? that's not even almost true. The lower RS stamped manifold is better, but the upper is just as poor as the earlier ones, and they're certainly nothing like matched from the factory. I've never even heard that as a rumour before so I've no idea where you got that little treasure from.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
eh? that's not even almost true. The lower RS stamped manifold is better, but the upper is just as poor as the earlier ones, and they're certainly nothing like matched from the factory. I've never even heard that as a rumour before so I've no idea where you got that little treasure from.

Really? well you are the mechanic! I was always under the impression that the RS ones were matched in the factory, upper and lower that is, but not quite to the standard you get it done. i am sure i read it on here somewhere! LOL.

at least i know now ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
lol, the danger of forums, so many things like that get told to people and it becomes "truth"

Fabia VRS & Yeti
As for mods OP I'd sort the engine mounts out first if it was my money, unless they have already been done?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
If you can actually notice the extra 2bhp that matched inlets will give you, you're a better man than me.

Plenty of better things to spend you money on, how fresh are you suspension/braking components?

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Looking by that it includes the lower dogbone mount as well. Not cheap but a permanent fix and makes the gearbox feel tighter. Search engine mounts on here, loads of threads as the standard items are the same as fitted to a Kangoo van lol.

I was considering these however everyone says the uprated Ktec mounts are overkill and make the engine noise/vibration a lot more noticeable?

If you can actually notice the extra 2bhp that matched inlets will give you, you're a better man than me.

Plenty of better things to spend you money on, how fresh are you suspension/braking components?

Doubt I would notice. Im not sure if I'm honest. Only got the car about a month and a bit ago. Suspension is something that I wouldn't mind changing. Managed to spend the cash I had on getting the wheels done in anthracite now though :p