ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec lowering springs

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

there is some k-tec lowering springs for the 172(yellow ones that lower it 30mm) just wondered if anybody had got these and what they thought of them(handling,how bumpy/hard is the ride compared to standard springs etc).grateful for any replies.

jay

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

dont know mate.was thinking about the ebiach ones but i want some that will lower it a bit more than they do i think.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

1.4, 1.6, 2.0, 1.5 dCi, 1.9D, 1.9 dTi
09.98 -
20-75-001-03-22
21-75-001-03-VA
21-75-001-02 HA
45-50
860 kg
785 kg

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

do they still have the same ride as the ones you have?.ive seen the 30mm ebiachs for 1.2 clios etc but not for the 172 anywhere.any ideas where i could get some.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

had a look mate thanks.it doesnt say how low they make it though.i think 50mm would be to much.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

im gettin those apex springs from k-tec on the 25th mate, I will post up some pics when its done

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by toms_cup on 14 March 2004

im gettin those apex springs from k-tec on the 25th mate, I will post up some pics when its done
will you post up what you think their like after youve fitted them.cheers tom

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 March 2004

Apex 40mm for the 172 are £90ish from Motech
30-40mm is the drop i want.what are the apex springs like?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

thats what i was thinking 30-40mm.the k-tec ones say thay lower it 30mm. i just wondered how bumpy it made the ride compared to the original springs.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Put a set on my car ride is a lot harder than standard feeling every bump. Handling is a little better than standard.

just put a set of gaz coil over the difference is ten times better than standard.

Ktr spring are made by P.I.

Stanced Honda S2000

oh and mine where yellow in the picture but when they arrived where red which suited me anyways !

R

rich[182]

are the eibachs worth the extra £50-£60, everyone seems to swear by them, on a budget the savings i could make by getting the ktec -30mm ones is a fair wedge but concerned about front tyre wear, am i better off getting the eibachs ?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

was considering the ebiach but they dont lower the vehicle enough for what i want.if you just want to improve the handling without a noticable visible difference then the ebiach seem to be the best.

Quote: Originally posted by Sawa172 on 14 March 2004

Ive got the KTR springs and they are orange! Ride is definitely a lot firmer and handling has improved. Lowered by approx 30mm - see pic below:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1079307430__after.jpg

What inch alloys you got on there mate? I was thinking of getting some new 16" alloys and lowering about 30mm. Is this possible? I dont want em scarping ofcousre. I heard it was OK to go up one inch of manufacturers wheels with no problems, but will the drop effect it?
Also whe u fit bigger alloys and lower the car, do the tyres bold faster?