ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
No it's the silicone hose that joins the air filter to the tb that I'm on about with induction length mate.

So I decent length hose before the airfilter is what I need then? Haha. With the 20v engine you only need about 100mm to keep the airmass happy and reading right.

And take it to EFI for mapping.

You on standard timing and cams etc? You got a thread on yours?

With the amount invested, and the mods, why have you not gone for bodies?

Main reason is just to be different. I've had bodies before was another reason.
Couldn't be bothered with the draw backs of bodies tbh.
You still going down the boost route?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
So I decent length hose before the airfilter is what I need then? Haha. With the 20v engine you only need about 100mm to keep the airmass happy and reading right.

Yes mate. I believe the length of silicone hose supplied with the rs2's was there for this reason.
I was prepared to try a different route just to be different mate.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yes mate. I believe the length of silicone hose supplied with the rs2's was there for this reason.
I was prepared to try a different route just to be different mate.

Ah ok cool. What where your plans when you had one?

Car is with Beanie, box with NLC, interior in spare room and cage on way to Mark Fish.

Haha sounds like mine apart from I've just tipped the interior and glass today lol
You can't be far from me then if yours is at Beanie?

The gearbox for it is in my garage! Lol

Haha hopefully the experience is as good as mine then lol

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Bigger plenum with increased volume and some proper lairy Mary cams - R3 maxi to be precise, and then the R3 maxi pistons. Opted for the engine build that I've got now though.

Haha yours is mental build. Done any more to it?
I'm just gunna get mine running with what I've got then I'll play around with it I reckon.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Haha yours is mental build. Done any more to it?
I'm just gunna get mine running with what I've got then I'll play around with it I reckon.
No mate nothing. Been sorting out loads of other stuff recently - hubs, stub axles, gearboxes.......
I've still not made my mind up if it's all staying tbh mate, but I just need to get it running and go from there.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yesterday's progress.

Fitted the oil cooler hose and lobbed on a new oil filter.

DDCCAD53-F43B-4E75-9625-65AF39E566C1_zpshkxszmkm.jpg

I dug out my ITG and also found my strut brace lol wasn't looking for it but would never had found it if I was so fitted that on aswell.

4827B4D9-D6B5-4CEE-B043-E43BD31FB0B3_zps23niuxoo.jpg

F24512DB-57EB-4649-B642-4896D11C057A_zpsxxxy1rwi.jpg

A7489385-C68C-4AF8-A49C-9FE84DCC1B4A_zpsovxegl2e.jpg

Also fitted my VBD xtra low seat frame. Now my seat doesn't rest on the cage and I don't bang my head on the cage when wearing my helmet.

ABB77AB1-A9CE-42CC-89C4-CE4A2FBA6B0F_zpslqf2wagx.jpg

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon

Honestly disappointed with the xtra kit tbh,lost low down grunt ,really not much difference ,the 1st few times driving it felt good placebo effect imo.Would like too know how you get on with it.Had a couple people drive it and all said low down power is flat.Love the Itg filter looks smart.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Honestly disappointed with the xtra kit tbh,lost low down grunt ,really not much difference ,the 1st few times driving it felt good placebo effect imo.Would like too know how you get on with it.Had a couple people drive it and all said low down power is flat.Love the Itg filter looks smart.

@ADS1982
What power and torque is yours? And are you on standard cams and timing?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Only update at the minute is I finally got my alternator belt sorted.

Waiting on a few bits to arrive to finish off the engine.
Had new bearings pressed into my hubs so I can fit the shafts and get it back on its wheels to fill the gearbox up with oil. Can also fit the brakes whilst I'm there thinking about it.

Got these so far that I've been waiting for
4F5B29B5-4786-4868-81F0-DB93548D1D2D_zpsvxw6gfpp.jpg

D8116F50-2F23-4319-82B9-87D34ABCF2E5_zpsxhfkvpgy.jpg

Renault antifreeze and push fit vacuum connectors to finish off the brake servo pipe extension.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
He's going to take the air feed from the scuttle panel mate as it's an ideal place to take it from. The Clio 16v/williams Grp a cars used to take theirs from the same place.
Like the idea of that! Using like a scoop intake?

@Chambers_RS what have you done with your carbon container...just removed it? If so what have you done with the wires?

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Yeah I was going to use the Grp a williams scuttle intake and connect it up to my v6 airbox, but I sold the rs2 on first!
I have been keeping my eye out for an RS2 but not sure on them look a nice piece of kit.
I currently run standard airbox with upgraded filter and have direct feed behind me headlight. Find it works fine and allows me to run cooling from the fog light.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 105