ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kahn design, Bradford

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Don't know if this is in the right section so feel free to move.

I recieved an email yesterday for an interview at kahn design in Bradford.

Just seeing if anyone has worked for them, or knows anyone that has?

Just want to know if it's a good place to work?

Also is Bradford a good place to live? Or are there better areas surrounding?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
They used to make those flat 5 spoke huge wheels in the late 90s, early noughties.
Don't see why they'd be bad to work for - except for it being in Bradford! that place is f**king horrible. Leeds is nice tho and only 'next door', even hebden bridge if you want something more rural. Bradford and around those towns there is absolutely vile though.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Any good areas that are commutable within 1/2 an hour or so?
Is Halifax any better?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Look up Gulzar Edition Range Rovers on Google.

The 'ideas' and concepts behind Gulzar and Kahn follow a very similar *ahem* vibe?

Overfinch, they are most certainly not.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Range rovers are GASH.
Nothing says 'I have money, no taste and I know nothing about cars' than a Range Rover.
flip reverse that for a renaultsport :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bradford is a complete & utter sh1thole.
Mind you, it makes Birmingham, your last choice, seem positively radiant.
On the flipside, if you are looking to buy a badly repaired/bodykitted/tinted/badmanz spec Cat C M3/RS3/AMG there are a multitude of garages that will be able to service your requirements.
HTH.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Bradford is a complete & utter sh1thole.
Mind you, it makes Birmingham, your last choice, seem positively radiant.
On the flipside, if you are looking to buy a badly repaired/bodykitted/tinted/badmanz spec Cat C M3/RS3/AMG there are a multitude of garages that will be able to service your requirements.
HTH.
I have interviews at both.
Having never lived in the areas is why ask fellow cs'ers for their views and have been most helpful.

Trouble is most areas aren't so good these days unless you have at least 4/500k to spend on a house!
Even with an 80k deposit i'm struggling!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have interviews at both.
Having never lived in the areas is why ask fellow cs'ers for their views and have been most helpful.
Trouble is most areas aren't so good these days unless you have at least 4/500k to spend on a house!
Even with an 80k deposit i'm struggling!
Yes, id imagine that compared to N. Ireland, the prices over here are quite ridiculous!!
Considering your current occupation & the work that you've done on that e-type recently, one of my customers might be worth a look:
Crosthwaite & Gardiner: http://www.crosthwaiteandgardiner.com/about/vacancies-at-crosthwaite-gardiner
Another couple of potentials here perhaps:
http://www.taylor-automotive.co.uk/Taylor-Automotive/Vacancies.html
http://www.spellboundcars.com
http://lanzante.co.uk/

Listerine & Poledo
If it pays, and it's work you'd enjoy, do it.

Ruining Range Rovers for people with negative values of taste but more disposable income that the CS high-rolling-ballers? Must be as hilarious as it is confusing.

And, as said, you don't have to live on the doorstep at work. In fact, for the occasions where UK grinds to halt because of snow, that's a day you wouldn't have if you were in walking distance

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Moving over here has probably cost me 50k in what my old house has gone up by and i'm hoping to break even on this one. It's complete and utter madness considering the difference in the houses!
At the end of the day i'm going to see what it's about and go from there.
The Job near droitwich is probably more me, classics, racing, restoration etc maybe not the calibre of cars i'm used to but it's a start.
Thanks for everyone's help and input.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
ahh Bradford, instant teleportation to a generic war torn middle eastern s**t hole.

In fact it's doing the Middle East an injustice because they get a better summer

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks @Sir_Dave
I'll take a look.

Look up 'Arkonik'

I recently got offered a job there but had to turn it down as it's just a bit too far away. (An hour each way assuming there's no traffic, realistically 90 minutes each way)
They build some of the best trucks I've ever seen. Their attention to detail (and their workshops!) are unreal.
They're in a beautiful part of the country too.

Last edited:

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Look up 'Arkonik'

I recently got offered a job there but had to turn it down as it's just a bit too far away. (An hour each way assuming there's no traffic, realistically 90 minutes each way)
They build some of the best trucks I've ever seen. Their attention to detail (and their workshops!) are unreal.
They're in a beautiful part of the country too.
Thanks Daniel.

focus st3
If you serious about Bradford,look at Bingley,Baildon and certain parts of Shipley.If your budget is lower Eccleshill,Idle, Greengates,Apperley bridge or Calverley if you have deep pockets, all not too far from where Khans hq is.I work in Bradford nearly every day.some real nice properties out towards Queensbury,Thornbury or Denholm but they are a bit of a peg away.

Last edited:

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
I live near Bradford. It's not great, I don't like it.
I live IN Bradford (sometimes), it's s**t. Don't Do It.

Have a look at Horsforth, Yeadon, Farsley & Pudsey. All within 20-30 minutes and all nice.
Having lived in both Farsley and Pudsey I can safely say they are MUCH better than ANY part of Bradford - Farsley is the best out of those above IMO.

.If your budget is lower Eccleshill,Idle, Greengates
Im in Greengates at the weekends. Would avoid if I was you, its not very good and incredibly depressing tbh.

As for Khan, I don't know much. Seems like your typical bfd goon but with more money than the rest.

focus st3
Hes a bad boy gone good and he owns a Bugatti Veyron.A lad i work with went to school with him and knew him well and speaks highly off him and his family.