ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kam racing, Decat bung n lamb sleeve

Rb 182
Hey guys,

Quick question, if I bung the Decat and then sleeve the lamba will the light still come on n will it ever jump into limp mode??

as I may by them of kam racing as they cheap??

If not I Probz won't Decat my car as I don't won't any problems :(

Cheers for any help??

Josh

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The kam racing lambda bung caused running issues on my 182. Just run the car with the lambda in, the EML will come on but won't cause any harm. If you get the car mapped a good mapper will map out the light coming on.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Its not a 100% guaranteed fix. Some cars seem quite happy to detect clean air with the second lambda removed, and some still have a dash light come on.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
The kam racing lambda bung caused running issues on my 182. Just run the car with the lambda in, the EML will come on but won't cause any harm. If you get the car mapped a good mapper will map out the light coming on.

that's not possible if you fitted it to the rear lambda. It doesn't effect the running of the car in any way. if you fitted it to the front lambda, that would be a different matter

CBR1000RR Fireblade
that's not possible if you fitted it to the rear lambda. It doesn't effect the running of the car in any way. if you fitted it to the front lambda, that would be a different matter

the de cat makes the light come back on on my 182 after about 150 miles. the lambda bung and plug used made the EML come on faster after about 15 miles. hence why i did what i did.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the de cat makes the light come back on on my 182 after about 150 miles. the lambda bung and plug used made the EML come on faster after about 15 miles. hence why i did what i did.

not refering to the light. YOu said it caused bad running. It can't, in ANY way effect the running of the vehicle

172/1.2/E30
Disconnecting the post cat sensor will trigger the light as it gets detected by the self diagnosis of the ECU. As Danny said, 2nd one is just for monitoring emmissions/cat and will not affect running.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
not refering to the light. YOu said it caused bad running. It can't, in ANY way effect the running of the vehicle

My 182 ecu detected the missing sensor when the second lambda sensor was no longer there. Therefore tripping out and causing the EML to come on. However, unfortunately for me this also caused the car to go into limp mode. It ran like a bag of crap. So I reset the ecu with a diagnostics machine, re installed the second lambda and drove round with the car running fine but just had the light on the dash.

Since having the car mapped last month the EML has not come on once in 200 miles. So in answer to the ops question; every car is different and will respond in different ways to de cats. I recommend either leaving the sensor in and running about with the light on or get the car mapped and your light won't come on. Eitherthe way the car will run fine.

After that, I'm out

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Most cars I have seen where the light stayed on was where the first lambda was on one of the primaries. Customers then moved it to to secondary position and all was well. But on the Clio its already in that position. Maybe its something else.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
My 182 ecu detected the missing sensor when the second lambda sensor was no longer there. Therefore tripping out and causing the EML to come on. However, unfortunately for me this also caused the car to go into limp mode. It ran like a bag of crap. So I reset the ecu with a diagnostics machine, re installed the second lambda and drove round with the car running fine but just had the light on the dash.

Since having the car mapped last month the EML has not come on once in 200 miles. So in answer to the ops question; every car is different and will respond in different ways to de cats. I recommend either leaving the sensor in and running about with the light on or get the car mapped and your light won't come on. Eitherthe way the car will run fine.

After that, I'm out

being a french car its never simple :D