ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping my V6

Clio V6 255

after about a month of ownership i really feel i want to keep my vee forever:)

cilo 172 1 year

206 GTi 2 years

civic type R 2 years

Clio V6 255................forever ;)

this is the only car ive ever said this about, every time i drive it the smile keeps getting bigger and bigger !

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

common????? The last mk1 V6 i saw was a good 7 months ago, other than my bros lol!

Seen 2 mk2s tho l8ly

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 17 May 2005

What are we classing as old here guys??
when they say "look at that boy racer...... we never use to do that"

:p

Renault Laguna Coupe

Me by the sound of it :cry:

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 17 May 2005

Me by the sound of it :cry:
But youre not quite as old as me Mike ;) Both born in 1915, but my birthday is in January :D

Suzuki SV1000S

I think you can be old and not have a V6 - Some of us realise that the 172 can be just as fun and still have practicality!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think you can be old and not have a V6 - Some of us realise that the 172 can be just as fun and still have practicality!!

lol, plenty of room for my pipe and slippers in the Vee ;)

Pah! Who needs practicality? Thats what the missus car is for!! Mind you, Ive got room for a baby in the front and a kipper in the boot, according to Mr. Clarksons review...;)

Suzuki SV1000S

I suppose your right, But my Misses doesnt drive so only have the one car. May be changing soon though if new job takes off..

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 17 May 2005

Pah! Who needs practicality? Thats what the missus car is for!! Mind you, Ive got room for a baby in the front and a kipper in the boot, according to Mr. Clarksons review...;)
My Vee is totally practical. Ive 3 kids and not had a problem yet. Of course our other 7 seater does help ;) Also bought a buggy for the little un which in theory fits behind the front seats (courtesy of some pre-purchase measurements from Mike) tho to be honest I havent actually needed to do that yet. My older boys love it ...

Quote: Originally posted by cliov6-230 on 17 May 2005

im 24 and have a vee!!! what does that make me?? :confused: i didnt think i was old yet!!!!!

Im 21 with a Vee sooooooooo that makes you old eh :D

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 17 May 2005

Pffff Im 32 and couldnt afford a V6! You lot are paid FAR too much :p

Yeah I know cool eh :D.................it helps being single as well :D

Cya Stu

An orange one

im getting a vee mk2 when im 22, so 23 months time..ive worked out i can justify trading my cup in then and ive had rough estimates on insurance as accurate as it can be for nearly 2 years away

Now I feel -really- old! When I were a lad (read 23) Id barely got enough cash for a 1.1 Pop Plus Fiesta! Mind you, I did find enough to bung a two litre in it :D

As Im constantly reminded, the Vee comes "ready geezerd"...although Im not entirely sure Im happy with than analogy!

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Im starting to feel old too - 33 with a Vee... I was wondering why the local Saxo boyz wouldnt talk to me - thought theyd be all desperate to take a look at the car and have a go in it.... clearly Im too old for them to be seen hanging around with the likes of me!

Quote: Originally posted by mitch_ on 17 May 2005

If Im 21 with a MK2, does that make me the youngest MK2 driver on here then?!

Weve been here before mitch..................I got my Vee when I had just turned 20 (y)...................but its a Mk1 so Ill give you that.................but I insure it myself eh :D

Cya Stu

I have a 172 at present and getting my 255 in about 6 months, cant wait although i do sometimes think i could be getting more for my money with a different car.... do you 255 owners think im doing the right thing, ie do you not see other cars for the money you paid and have any second thoughts?...

Renault Laguna Coupe

Second thoughts? I suppose the thought of buying 25000 Prawn Mayo sandwiches is pretty appealing come to think of it, but other cars, no.

I knew you would be there to reply Mike!, ive still got a nice photo of yours minging round a track with your big cheesey grin petruding through the windscreeen!. I think i would most certainately have the same colour as yours.. although they are hard to come by second hand.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 18 May 2005
Second thoughts? I suppose the thought of buying 25000 Prawn Mayo sandwiches is pretty appealing come to think of it, but other cars, no.

Lol brilliant. For that money i dunno what id get. New Vee, 3 yr old Boxster, 2 yr old TT 3.2 hmmm.... my 3 favourite cars.

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by SOOTY on 18 May 2005

I have a 172 at present and getting my 255 in about 6 months, cant wait although i do sometimes think i could be getting more for my money with a different car.... do you 255 owners think im doing the right thing, ie do you not see other cars for the money you paid and have any second thoughts?...

mk1.... and i love it...

I really cant get away with the Mk1 V6 i could afford one of them today but there are certain aspects of the V6 i dont like, the front end, size of the wheels, the dash / steering wheel. I have to have a 255!. I presume they drive the same?