ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key Fobs

2.0, 182 sport 2005
My key fob has decided to not work for me im currently locking and unlocking doors with the key.

I tried a new battery in it but this didnt solve it Im sure it is the chip inside but can anyone tell me how long this will last before it decides not to let me start the engine aswell as £140 for a new key is pretty steep at the moment :dapprove: .....

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
try holding the button in when turning on the ignition. It should re-sync it to the central locking then.

Might be the switch inside the key that's came off it's quite common and you can get it soldered back on if you find it or Renault sometimes have some.

The immobiliser shouldn't be affected with the central locking not working. Saying that though my immobiliser started playing up about a month after the central locking packing in. Look inside the key for a little metal box about 5mm long with a plastic circular button in the middle of it.