ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kieran's Now Odyssey Blue Ph1 Project Pg.36 Onwards

BlackGold 182
Re: Kieran's Iceberg 172 Project

its as low as it can go on the front till i get smaller tyres, the rear will go lower when i have another day off to tinker about with the height

i no the nuts are gonna marmite, but i love them i have to say

all done...

P1010061.jpg

P1010065.gif

P1010067.jpg

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010073.jpg

Last edited:
  BlackGold 182

a side on pic from a week ago, rear is much lower and fronts lowered another 10mm since

P1010024.jpg

White mx5 mk1!

Nose down much in that old pic mate! Ahah I'm off work after tonight so I'll be down to help sometime get it more lows :p

BG 182

Are they 8j Kieran? I wanted to do this since I got mine but I was beat to it :(! I guess you need the camber in the rear to fit them snug? Do the fronts fit in the arches without camber? I don't know if it would be safer with 7j?

BlackGold 182

The wheels are 15x7j mate, hard enough to fit with 7j lol let alone 8j! Lol

Cheers Sam! Need to sOrt out the tyres as its still scrubbing like a b**ch and I'm not even low!!

Subaru impreza

Good work mate and like the way your going with this .. Personaly i would loose them tyres and go for a stretched look with some camber ,, hes my mates car with the above
japfest060.jpg

BlackGold 182

What does he use to stop the car from squatting at the rear when accelerating hard? As this is when mine scrubs most

BG 182

car looks very nice! not s sheep at all. wondered where you got the yellow fogs from?

BMW 535d

are you wheels off of an mx5? they look mint. would it be possible to have an idea on how much you paid for them?
jake

BlackGold 182

I paid roughly 700 with tyres, yeaaa I just assumed even with smaller tyres it might still scrub under acceleration, just don't want to buy new tyres and it still do it lol

BMW 535d

cheers mate will be looking for a set this year hopefully to replace my F1's :) thanks for the insight :)

Jake

BlackGold 182

yano i might just have somewhere lol yours is gonna end up looking identical to tobys! lol

MG ZR 1.8
yano i might just have somewhere lol yours is gonna end up looking identical to tobys! lol

Hahaha I know. I went an carbon wrapped my interior strips yesterday much nicer! Fitted new speakers too ;D
Might look similar to Toby's, but mines not broken :p I've driven Toby's car too
so I can say how broken it is hahaha

BlackGold 182

haha ohh really? is it much better with the new speakers? i want to get better front door speakers for mine.

haha funny enough tobys is fixed now! touch wood! it seems to run all good!! lol

MG ZR 1.8
haha ohh really? is it much better with the new speakers? i want to get better front door speakers for mine.

haha funny enough tobys is fixed now! touch wood! it seems to run all good!! lol

Yeah 5bhp from new speakers....

No really though they're good, mine were so crackly. I need to fit the tweeters too.. Just Cba yet hahaha.

Oh I see, what did you fix on it? Lol!

BlackGold 182

hahah damn i was looking for at least 10bhp! lol ahh thats good i need some!!

we didnt, he took it to renault, they had it for 3 days!

White mx5 mk1!

Yeah 5bhp from new speakers....

No really though they're good, mine were so crackly. I need to fit the tweeters too.. Just Cba yet hahaha.

Oh I see, what did you fix on it? Lol!
I took it to Renault and it got fixed lol, for a really. Cheap price shockingly

BlackGold 182

They said here you go mate, swapped his car as they thought it was a total shed!! :p

BlackGold 182

changed front discs and pads, tighened a bolt on steering rack and keep driving his car around to find out what the noises were using loads of petrol iirc haha

White mx5 mk1!

Track rods were sorted and was told the wheel bearings need doing sometime and sorted my electrics lol

BlackGold 182

little update

want to make the front look a bit more aggressive so will be buying some subtle smoked lamin x for the headlights tomorrow afternoon.

will only be slight difference.. so shouldnt effect light output too much

transportercomparison.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Where do you buy that from mate? I have a friend that has put very fine subtle mesh over the headlights and it looks ace so could try that also if the film doesn't work.

BlackGold 182

It's just lamin x, they their own website mark. Yeaa on my fiesta I used the fly eyes on my rear lights, didn't like it, look like someone just put tights over them lol

BlackGold 182

done the lamin x on headlights, only pics with one done but will get some more later

its hard! got a few little bubbles, says they will fade away after a week or so, if they do then ill keep it if not then ill get rid.

looks good bar the bubbles

P1010076.jpg

P1010075.jpg

Milltek'd clio 182

i like it mate, not too dark nor too light just perfect, would look good on a black clio aswell