ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kingsnorth Engineering Solid Top Mounts??

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Hi guys

Going to be doing a suspension refresh on my car soon, with OE cup dampers. I was going to order genuine top mount kit for both sides too, and cheapest I can find online for genuine mounts is about £75 for a pair.

But I have been considering solid top mounts. I know the most popular are K-Tec or Pure Motorsport mounts, and then the AST ones which are a bit more expensive.

Anyway, I stumbled across this set whilst looking on eBay, made by a company called Kingsnorth Engineering...

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321732429643?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They are only £125 posted, and I am just interested to see if anybody has any feedback on them? I have searched but there doesn't really appear to be anybody with experience of having them fitted and how they perform?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts if you have a set fitted!

Ash

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
I wouldn't touch them. I bought a pair of camber shims and not only were they not the same, they were finished very poorly. I bought PMS top mounts and am very happy with them.

In all honesty I hadn't realised that the PMS mounts were £130. Assumed they were about £200 or so.

In which case I will definitely order the PMS mounts instead, now just to decide whether to get the whole package including their strut brace or not...

172 Turbo
I'm considering upgrading to Bilsteins, I've got new Renault top mounts with the new spacer, new cup shocks and cooksports. Let me know if you fancy a deal