ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kit Advice

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
Hi All,

Just got a 182 in Titanium last week, looks great at the moment and I want to keep it looking that way.

Anybody recommend some products to keep it looking shiny and new?? Anything particularly recommended for the Titanium paintwork?

Basically I am starting from scratch as the cleaning kit I have at the moment is all going in the bin...

I have never had a car in great condition before so have never really spent a lot of time or money on washing, waxing, claying, polishing etc... So please forgive my ignorance. I would appreciate some help though.

Thanks

Best bet, all from Halfords;

Meguirars smooth surface clay kit.
Auto Glym Super Resin Polish.
Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection.

That will see you right for the polishing and protecting stages. For keeping it in good condition, Meguirars Wash mitt, plush micro fibre drying towel and some microfibres/applicators to apply the polish and sealents.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yah Jamie have a star for being 1st in this one :) :star: :star:

You not getting old after all :)

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
Thanks

Is Halfords the best place to buy from or should I try one of the online stores with the cliosport discount?

I had a quick look at i4detailing but there's so much on there I didn't have a clue what to choose!

Bumder With A Buffer
In my opinion stick with Halfords as it is relatively cheap, especially with 3 for the price of 2.

Do a bit more reading on products and stuff and then maybe use some of the other sites.

Thats just my view though.

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
Thanks guys that's great, I'll give Halfords and the products you've suggested a shot and see how it comes out!

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
Thanks All for the suggestions.

I have ordered the Kev1 kit! From I4detailing. With one exception I went for the meg clay kit as then I didn't have to fork out quite so much in one go getting all the bits to go with the Sonus clay!

Will post picks once I get the stuff in and a good day to get this all done!

One question for when I do my day of cleaning, I assume you treat the colour coded bumpers etc the same as the main paintwork?

Also what's the best way to clean the black plastic parts?

Cheers

I have to disagree with Kev's suggestions. I think the results from those items over the results from SRP with a decent sealent will be minimal if not to a lesser degree. I also don't think you should be looking at the polish bond product as for a newbie this is really unecessary.

However, I would agree to buy as much as possible from Matt lol!

Ribbo, body coloured bumpers are fine, as are the side mouldings, if doing by hand.

Plastics are another matter. I would suggest cleaning with something like Megs APC (or cheaper option is the Daisy degreaser from Tesos, no joke!) and then seal and protect with either AG Bumper Care, Swissvax plastic protection, either matt or standard or something similar.

Bumder With A Buffer
You have come over to the cheap side using Daisy then??? :)

I still prefer APC though...Tired Daisy on my arches this weekend and it didnt seem to foam up as much as APC, APC foaming seems to help drag off all the s**t the accumulates

Titanium 182 Cupp'd FF
Thanks again for all the advice, now all I need is for the kit to turn up and a good day to get all the work done!

Does anybody use a car cover or know where you can buy one that'll fit a clio 182? I have a driveway but no garage....

mk7 fiesta zs
I have to disagree with Kev's suggestions. I think the results from those items over the results from SRP with a decent sealent will be minimal if not to a lesser degree. I also don't think you should be looking at the polish bond product as for a newbie this is really unecessary.

However, I would agree to buy as much as possible from Matt lol!

only my suggestions based on what ive used - the bonding agent is only a paint cleanser basically anyway

mk7 fiesta zs
Thanks All for the suggestions.

I have ordered the Kev1 kit! From I4detailing. With one exception I went for the meg clay kit as then I didn't have to fork out quite so much in one go getting all the bits to go with the Sonus clay!

Will post picks once I get the stuff in and a good day to get this all done!

One question for when I do my day of cleaning, I assume you treat the colour coded bumpers etc the same as the main paintwork?

Also what's the best way to clean the black plastic parts?

Cheers

you can use a water + shampoo mix for clay lube - much better value for money than using a QD imo

No issues on the lights, black trim and rubber are a no no. Glass is no issue, nor are wheels tbh, just won't last on them as the heat from the brakes will destroy it.