ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking/Clicking/Spacers..

Megane RS250
Areeeeet guys,

Right the issue, i have me a set of K-tec coilovers fitted to my 182. Now when i turn the wheel (mainly to full lock, but sometimes it can just happen) i get knocking/clicking sounds..
Even when i touch the brakes, doing a very very low speed (0mph - 10/15/20mph), basically snails space i get a knock and the steering jolts a little to the right, all ways the right.

Now personally i think its to low.. however i like the height, its just right.
Soooo.. im thinking maybe a set of spacers would prevent this but i don't want to buy spacers that are;

1.) To small. If im going to get them i want them to look right.
2.) To big. Same as above but i don't want them sticking out like some ridiculous Lupo roller-skate
3.) Having to sell myself to pay for them..

Cheeeeeeeers

Audi A5
firstly it sounds like they've been fitted wrong. who fitted them? or maybe something to do with the top mount's, what top mounts do you use?

as for spacers theirs plenty of pics around the forum showing different set ups but you've got to take into account your alloy's offset.

saying that i dont think you can go far wrong with 15mm on the back and 20-25mm on the front.

Megane RS250
firstly it sounds like they've been fitted wrong. who fitted them? or maybe something to do with the top mount's, what top mounts do you use?

as for spacers theirs plenty of pics around the forum showing different set ups but you've got to take into account your alloy's offset.

saying that i dont think you can go far wrong with 15mm on the back and 20-25mm on the front.

This is the thread for just showing her off; http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?661000-My-Racing-Blue-182-Cup

But this ones the project thread.. see if you can see anything from it.. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?662906-Browny-s-Racing-Blue-Cup

Audi A5
Nothing in that thread that can help. Have you checked all Your bushes/joints recently to make sure nothings Got play?

Megane RS250
I was wondering if spacers would sort the issue out, but then i dont see how there's a knock and a 1% to 3% jolt to the right with the steering wheel (I could be moving in a straight line or turning..

And i dont have anything to jack it up with. To be fair, i wouldnt know what to do/look for if i managed to get it up. Im average with car mechanics ect but i dont know what i would looking for under the bonnet either.. the 2 threads a bit further up the page have pictures under the hood and the top mounts but i wouldnt know how to check if theres an issue with them.