ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise from the front - newbie's question

Renault Clio 1.6
Hi all

Am new to this forum and I must say it l looks good. Before joining I did visit another forum but it seemed that there wasn't much interaction with members and folks weren't getting many replies and, therefore, no help. This forum looks SO different. :)

I am a new owner of a Clio 1.6 16v Initiale mk2 year 2001. Only had it for about a month. It is in really good nick. However, it has just started a noise. When I go over bumps, even just "normal ones" on roads there is a clonking or knocking noise. More noticeable at low speeds. Appears to come from passengers's side.
I've looked at a couple of threads including "Cause of knocking?" to try and get clues.

However, bearing in mind I am new to Clios, I would appreciate any input. Am I going down the right track in looking at top suspension mounts? How can I check them? Could it be something else?

Are they relatively easy to fix?
Any help / thoughts appreciated. Thanks.