ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking sound on acceleration

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Had a look around for this on the forums there's allsorts come up can't see any similiar though..

When accelerating I get a knocking sound, or if I drop a gear it get a knock need to get on a ramp really and have a proper prod and poke a around?

I'm thinking drive shafts ?
I've looked at the engine mount on the o/s and tbh that does need changing will be done ASAP could this be causing both problems?
Or box mount?

Any ideas? Cheers

172 cup
I take it you mean a 1*2 if so my recent experience is exhaust hitting subframe and you need to upgrade dogbone mount I got a evolengineering one which adds vibration but is worth it for the stiffness it offers

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Ohhh!! I've just bought a middle mount and back mount for exhaust so these will be 1st changed!! Hope your right!

I will change all mounts eventually for upgraded ktecs or similar mounts too stiffen it up :) cheers for response

172 cup
Ohhh!! I've just bought a middle mount and back mount for exhaust so these will be 1st changed!! Hope your right!

I will change all mounts eventually for upgraded ktecs or similar mounts too stiffen it up :) cheers for response

no problem don't hold me to it but like I say the next thing I would change personally is the dogbone mount, most people got for the powerflex which are around £48 and you have to change the bushes yourself, evolengineering on here sell a straight swap unit for around £48 to, totally up to you good luck!

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Yeah I'll do that then engine mounts too, take it driveshafts aren't that common for knocking?

172 cup
Yeah I'll do that then engine mounts too, take it driveshafts aren't that common for knocking?

Not to sure tbh I'm still learning myself, in my short time as a clio owner I have experienced the accelerating knocking sound, someone else will be able to elaborate on driveshafts :)