ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking under hard turning

clio 172
Hey

When turning hard left on track I get a quiet violet juddering from the from right hand side, it's weird it feels like the tyre is struggling for grip and jumping across the Tarmac but it isn't, I've swapped out the ball joint and even taken out my wheel studs to see if it was that, Any ideas ?

02 Iceberg 172
Might be your driveshaft binding/bottoming out - try loosening off your engine mounts and shifting the engine over towards the passenger side to give the driveshaft more room.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You probably have but I had this issue on tight right bends. Since then the brackets on the bumper have been bent back. Haven't been back on track yet but 99.99% sure that was my issue.

clio 172
We have an idea it maybe the shaft but they are both brand new :-/ , I'm going to try the moving of the engine to see if that helps, I have a quaiffe diff pal

02 Iceberg 172
Do you have oem engine mounts? If they are old then that might not be helping as they can let the engine move excessively as well. But if it is the driveshaft binding/bottoming out then shifting the engine over to the passenger side should still help.