ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking when reversing up my drive.

Track 172 Cup
Well I did the CV boot on my passenger side last night and all was well did my track day at Oulton park today with no problems no knocking or anything (bar slightly boiled brake fluid on the last stint lol) anyway when I drove home with no issues I came to reverse up on to the drive and had what sounded like a knocking noise from the passenger side so I checked wheel nuts just to be sure, gripped the engine and tried to rock forward/backwards no movement, grabbed the wheel and tried to shake/wobble/pull and that didn't move anywhere. CV boot hasn't come off and no grease, clips all still on. Didn't have this problem until I tried to reverse on the drive could this be the CV joint or Driveshaft? How can I check these? And any ideas on what it could be? Any bushes or anything? It was in at Blink Motorsport yesterday having alignment/camber ect and they didn't mention like anything looked worn and he took it out for a test drive and came back happy.

Thanks for any help..

Track 172 Cup
see that's why I like having your fountain of knowledge lol I didn't even think to check them.

Cheers.

dan's cast offs.
might not be but seem to remember they did clunk a tad when you braked in reverse? nothing to worry about if it is the pads as they aren't a tight fit.