ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, Foam lances and foam

what u put infront of me
Leading on from my claying info, something else i have noticed Snowfoam and lances...well hope this helps too...

Snow Foam, is used as a pre wash to loosen dirt and draw larger particles away from the surface of the paint, after dwelling for 5 -10 mins it leaves the car almost clean, in turn making the wash process easier and safer for your paint.

Types of snow foam,

Standard Foam
A special vehicle cleaning preparation for use with foam equipment. This foam may be left in place a few minutes in order to derive a prolonged cleaning effect and is easily rinsed away with water. This product can also be used in high pressure machines.
* NON CAUSTIC
* MIDLY ALKALINE
* ECONOMICAL
* FREE RINSING
* SPECTACULAR FINISH

Can be used through a Superspray, Gilmour Foamaster, Foam Lances and Bottles.

Cirtus cleansing snow foam
A citrus cleaning foam designed to tackle to toughest of grime ,and remove traffic film from your car but may also remove any wax!!.
Use with a foam lance for maximum efficiency
Watch dirt and grime fall to the floor to ensure a scratch free wash
Use 1 part product to 100 parts water

Foam Lance Explained
HDFL-2.jpg

Foam injection bottle attaches to your pressure washer gun just like a regular lance. Maximum pressure 200 Bar and 60 degrees. Variable spray nozzle with fully adjustable chemical dilution switch.

Comes complete with the lance and connector.

foam lances will fit most pressure washers just make sure when ordering you select the type of PW you have. The one pictured above will fit a Karcher only etc.

it's a widely used Pre-Wash tool that creates a thick clinging foam which safely cleanses your vehicle by softening dirt and grit for removal either with a hose or pressure washer,

Superspray System
SUPERSPRY-2.jpg

Quicker & more Convenient
Car washing with Superspray couldn't be more convenient. There're no cables & equipment to unpack. You don't even wait for a bucket to fill! You don't need to climb ladders to get shampoo onto even the highest vehicle. You don't even need a bucket at all. Just add your favourite shampoo, click to your Hose-pipe & start Car Washing!

Cleaner
When Car Washing with Superspray, only clean shampoo & water ever touches your car.
If you wash your car with a bucket, every time you dip your sponge in the bucket, you transfer dirt & grit back onto your paintwork. Take a look what's in the bucket after a car wash!
Safer for you
Car Washing with Superspray couldn't be safer. There's no electricity or High Pressure Hoses, What's more you don't need to climb with heavy buckets. There's nothing to lift & carry. Not even a bucket!
Safer for your vehicle
Car Washing can be a major source of damage to cars. Paintwork can be scratched when dirt & grit are re-applied from a bucket. (We all know those dreaded "swirl-marks" when the sun shines). Door Seals & other delicate parts are easily damaged by Car Washing with High Pressure Jets.
Car washing with Superspray overcomes all these problems. Only Clean water & shampoo are ever applied to your car. Superspray only uses normal water pressure, and The unique Superspray Twinjet further protects those delicate parts like Door & Window Seals
Superspray's Accurate & Constant Mixing of shampoo also protects your car damage caused by over-diluted or under-diluted shampoo. Over-diluted shampoo can cause scratching, because the dirt & grit are not sufficiently softened & lubricated. Under-diluted shampoo can attack paintwork chemically.
Environmentally Friendly
Superspray requires no electricity or batteries. It's Twin Controls & constant Accurate Shampoo Mixing ensure only the minimum of Shampoo is used. They also drastically reduce Water Consumption.

Gilmour Foamaster II
gilmour.jpg

The Foamaster II is the most up to date model from Gilmour. Even using regular car shampoos this gun gives very high levels of faom. Infact more than any other foam gun we have tested.

The foamster II will cover your vehicle in a thick layer of foam encapsulating and softening the dirt and grime. Because the foam clings much better to vertical surfaces it can be left to dwell for longer without drying which really allows the emulsifiers and surfactants to work much better than traditional wash methods. This means that when it is rinsed off much more of the potentially paint damaging dirt is removed. A further layer of foam can then be laid onto the vehicle and washed using a soft washmitt for the safest wash possible.

Note: The improved Gilmour Foamaster II also benefits from a leak proof hoselock male connection that is a perfect fit for the general garden female hoselock connectors, a significant improvement over the original Foamaster Gun.

Features

Exceptional chemical resistance to acidic or caustic cleaners
Accurately mixes and sprays foaming chemicals
Foam generating wand creates a thick, clinging foam
Fan spray deflector included for disinfectants, etc.
Durable polymer mixing head with stainless steel screws
Quick-set dial selects mixing ratio or mixing off setting
Anti-siphon built into handle
Detach handle for a powerful spray rinse
Easy to fill wide mouth, chemical resistant polyethylene quart or half gallon bottle

Applications
For cleaning, degreasing or disinfecting when a foam is desired to increase surface contact time
Supermarket and packing house meat cutting rooms and equipment
Food handling and preparation areas
Institutional, industrial, or public restrooms, shower rooms, and locker rooms
Animal cages
Dairy equipment
Trucks, cars and other equipment

Operational Specifications:

Water Pressure - 40 to 90 psi (for maximum accuracy 40 to 60 psi)
Output - 1-1/2 gallons per minute
Spray Pattern - Foaming attachment provides a fan spray, removes for a solid stream. Deflector attachment for non foaming fan spray patterns. Optional longer distance foam wand available.
Anti-siphon - Protects water supply. (Note: a slight discharge of water from base of handle when water is turned off is normal and indicates anti-siphon is functioning properly.)
Customized Ratios - Can be set from 1/4 oz. per gallon to 14 oz. per gallon. (Note: this range is affected by the viscosity of the chemical.)
Caution: Additional attachments or alteration of container or siphon tube are not recommended as it may interfere with proper operation of this unit.

Great little guides these (Stephen?). Good to have some updates on Rich's original. Will PM the mods to get these sorted as stickies/guides.

Would you mind the claying and the one above being amalgamated into one/another guide?

Jamie

Si

RS Clio 172
I swear by my foam lance at this time of year. good guide and great bit of kit.

LIke wise Si. Bought the Superspray as well for my father, but find due to the lack of pressure around us that it had basically no effect on the snow foam and didn't create much "foam".

However, when used with a decent water pressure, they are a superb (and quite cheap) option to a Karcher and lance.

Bumder With A Buffer
I Just "brought" (just for you JD!! ;) ) my first lance.

An expensive hobby this detailing lark!

Karcher £80, Lance and a few other bit just now £61. In CYC have £30 of stuff in a basket im contemplating getting as well as an £80 order I did a few weeks back from i4!

:(

^^^Good lad Richy. To be fair, they way I look at it, due to time limits my car is fully waxed and so only requires a snow foam and drive off at the moment. So no money spent on Megs shampoo or Megs no:16.

what u put infront of me
if anyone would like to see any other information/ guides please PM me and i will see what i can do. i was thinking about doing a 2 bucket method one next?