ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni help

Hello,
Currently trying too fit a set of rear adjustable yellow Koni's into a clio, has anyone got any pictures of what order the rubbers and things go in at all?
and should the standard rear rubber top mounts fit on the shocks? currently they are not fitting on.
Any help/feedback would be great!
thanks,
Josh.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I don't have a pic. You are supposed to have new top mounts with them that have a larger ID. I didn't so very carefully drilled out the existing ones to fit. 20k of hard miles and a rally later and had no issues.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thinking back I think I found a small pipe which I cut to length to replace the sleeve that is in the standard top mount, but as wit the rubber parts is to smaller ID. Sorry I can't remember the koni piston rod, but you should able to measure and then drill / buy a sleeve accordingly.

ahh right! so your not supposed too use just a normal piece off rubber then? your supposed to use something with a metal sleeve lining the inside of the rubber?

Currently there is a dome shaped all rubber mount (no metal tube inside) with flat side facing up against a big metal washer with the nut on top, dont know if this is correct or not as the standard oem top mount has metal inside and a sleeve soo has a lot less give than just a pure rubber mount that I have in place currently

dan's cast offs.
wouldn't of thought it would just be a rubber without a sleeve in but could be wrong though.

Thanks a lot Matt e
can someone please confirm if correct or not?
( tried too attach a picture )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 49

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
From the top. Nut, washer, rubber, car, rubber, washer

The Koni shaft is 12mm which is bigger than the 9mm standard shaft. There's no metal sleeve for the Konis, just use the bushes on their own.