ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni rears for 172 only?

200 cup & 106 GTi
Looking at getting some koni sport rear dampers and on all of the sites i've looked at they are listed for ph1 & 2 172s 00-03.

Is there any particular reason they're not listed for the 182? From what i can make out the fitting is exactly the same, the only differences being a bigger rear anti roll bar and different spring rates.

What rear dampers should i get for my 182?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
they dont do them for the 182 i dont think. theres a few to choose from. H&R bilstien ast's

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes they do, there's a guy on here running the Koni rears on a Trophy. Can't remember his name, but sorted by Mark Fish IIRC. I think Yozza can supply them as well.

200 cup & 106 GTi
Cheers.

Yeah they said on cliotrophy that 7mat had them.

Just had a scan around and the koni site lists the same part number for rears for 172 and 182, but different part numbers for the front, so all cool. Will order them tonight :D

M

mini-valver

Fronts ok??

Have you had a quote for new Sach's rears from Renault? Be good for a laugh TBH!

200 cup & 106 GTi
About £250 for rears from renault. Approx £200 delivered for konis. Still tempted to get the sachs, my poor wallet!

The fronts are buggered too, getting them refurbed in a week or so hopefully, just gotta find a working car to drive to silverstone to BG motorsport for the day while they refurb them!

M

mini-valver

Thats not actually as bad as I thought. I'd probably get Sachs again I think....

What mileage has it done?

200 cup & 106 GTi
50k now, i had been expecting it, the handling's been getting progressively worse! I replaced the wishbones and had the tracking done a month ago which helped a little as the old balljoints were screwed.

M

mini-valver

How many actual original Trophy's do you reckon will be left by the time they've all hit 70-80k?

200 cup & 106 GTi
Not a huge amount i'm guessing, going to try and keep mine original now, i have the standard doorcards and rear seats in the shed, and the brakes can be changed back easily enough!