ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec and their power claims.....

330i. E30 Touring.
Its called the filter of death for a reason lol. Guppy's ITB'd shed that we broke had a similar one on it and it took an age to remove all the cr4p from the inside of the trumpets. Not sure what was more average, that or the 'loom' that was on it :headno:

Average?!

f**k me- guppy's thing was lugging about an extra half a mile of excess wiring in that loom.

That thing was rough.

Indeed Andy. It wasnt me that you said it to, and nor did I say it was.

The way you worded it though I.e (could have sworn that's what he said) makes it look like he said it to you, and thb if it wasn't you that Andy supposidly said it to do you not think its maybe best you don't say it as people ALWAYS twist what was said in reality

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The way you worded it though I.e (could have sworn that's what he said) makes it look like he said it to you, and thb if it wasn't you that Andy supposidly said it to do you not think its maybe best you don't say it as people ALWAYS twist what was said in reality

No, I dont think that is the case at all seeing as I said it with a question mark asking for it to be confirmed or denied, what better way to clear up something that you have heard secondhand than to ask one of the people who will have firsthand knowledge?

And you will notice that Andy didnt say he hasnt said that, or that isnt the case, merely that he didnt say it to me, so it would certainly appear what I heard is correct, as otherwise why wouldnt Andy have just said "Not sure where you heard that from but its not true" rather than a politically worded reply saying just that he hasnt said it specifically to me rather than he hasnt said it.

Evo 5 RS
If we're going to quote other people I'll always remember when someone said to me "I wouldn't trust him to fine tune the air in my tyres". No names, tickled me though. lol.

330i. E30 Touring.
If we're going to quote other people I'll always remember when someone said to me "I wouldn't trust him to fine tune the air in my tyres". No names, tickled me though. lol.

FLOL. I can guess.

I wouldn't trust him to cut my toenails is one I always use. Aimed at no-one in particular obvs.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I still have the photo's of it

From when we broke it.

1_zps2a7948d3.jpg

2_zps37c5e90c.jpg

Looked mint from 10 foot away.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL @ that filter.

Looks like a couple of sheets of cheap thin foam glued together to make the worlds cheapest possible filter this side of stealing your mums tights!

330i. E30 Touring.
Those pics are flattering too. There literally was about a metre's worth of loom bunched up and cable tied to the engine block in a few places.

I believe this is how the loom was/is supplied from Omex, but Jesus. If paying ~£3k like the invoice we had stated, I'd want that tidied up!

Also, the grill cut-out looked like it'd been done with a wood saw.

It's so amusing on this forum how so many people have a "butter wouldn't melt in their mouth" attitude

I love K-Tec for a mail order company, they've been utterly superb with me over the last 2 years. Ordered parts at 5pm and had them at 8am the next day. The lads are really friendly, Martin is always willing to offer advice even when it's to use stuff they don't stock which is refreshing. But I see a lot of bad reports about mapping/fitting etc... but then there's a handful of people that would defend K-Tec to the death even if a video was posted of them setting fire to a customers car

Same with the handful of remaining TDF bummers, regardless of Matt ripping off the nicest guy I've ever met from a car forum for tens of thousands of pounds because they cut corners and thought he would never notice - he still gets defended to the death by the same few people "he was too busy with race cars" or "he employed numpties" etc.. none of that is a valid excuse for a business.

It's like apple fan boy syndrome!!

I must be one of the only people that have done 99.9% of the work on my car myself because I just can't be bothered with all the bulls**t. The only person I'd let touch my car is Fred and that's because he's very very like me (ie. says what he thinks and doesn't give a s**t) lol

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Flol.

It is quite funny how loyal some people are when its to people who have never done anything other than milk them for every penny possible in exchange for shoddy half arsed work.

Some people like Fred@BTM or Mike@MWM clearly get a buzz from just building something the best they can, where as other people clearly get a buzz from just making the most profit on a job, and are more interested in the invoicing than the work!

Lionel Richie
the funny thing is, and i keep saying it, a dyno doesn't really ACCURATELY prove f**k all, and i really couldn't give a toss what a dyno says!

I've never once seen a car win a race on a dyno ;)

oh and <3 the phil!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
the funny thing is, and i keep saying it, a dyno doesn't really ACCURATELY prove f**k all, and i really couldn't give a toss what a dyno says!

Even more so on turbo cars like many of the cars discussed on this thread, as most dyno ramp rates arent slow enough to make as much boost as you can on the road, and even the best dyno fans cant compete with 140mph+ down the back straight at bedford.

I know categorically from the extra boost it makes that mine must make more in real life than it did on the dyno for example.

Dyno's are a useful tuning aid, but shouldnt ever be treated as being the whole job IMHO.

Lionel Richie
That's a point! I haven't invoiced Ian @ Godspeed for his engine yet and that was finished at the end of November LOL!

Evo 5 RS
It's so amusing on this forum how so many people have a "butter wouldn't melt in their mouth" attitude

I love K-Tec for a mail order company, they've been utterly superb with me over the last 2 years. Ordered parts at 5pm and had them at 8am the next day. The lads are really friendly, Martin is always willing to offer advice even when it's to use stuff they don't stock which is refreshing. But I see a lot of bad reports about mapping/fitting etc... but then there's a handful of people that would defend K-Tec to the death even if a video was posted of them setting fire to a customers car

Same with the handful of remaining TDF bummers, regardless of Matt ripping off the nicest guy I've ever met from a car forum for tens of thousands of pounds because they cut corners and thought he would never notice - he still gets defended to the death by the same few people "he was too busy with race cars" or "he employed numpties" etc.. none of that is a valid excuse for a business.

It's like apple fan boy syndrome!!

I must be one of the only people that have done 99.9% of the work on my car myself because I just can't be bothered with all the bulls**t. The only person I'd let touch my car is Fred and that's because he's very very like me (ie. says what he thinks and doesn't give a s**t) lol

Yet you're quick to stick up for someone you've never used lol. r****d.

Fred is a diamond geeza, granted.

Yet you're quick to stick up for someone you've never used lol. r****d.

Fred is a diamond geeza, granted.

I've never used TDF. But I've seen enough pissed off ex-customers and really shoddy work to know I never would.
I've never used BTM. But I've hung around with Fred and seen his work on friends cars enough to know I would any day of the week.

I don't see why you can't have an opinion about someone unless you actually own the car they work on

Ph1
Thanks-

Power isnt the be all & end all- Just the fun bit.

thanks.

It is when your buying a product based on a tuners claimed figure which pretty much all of us have done at one time or another on any marque of vehicle. Its effectively false advertising but impossible to regulate.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It is when your buying a product based on a tuners claimed figure which pretty much all of us have done at one time or another on any marque of vehicle. Its effectively false advertising but impossible to regulate.

He meant that the car he is buying which is advertised as making 216, he doesnt care if its 206 instead, he still knows from the spec it will be quicker than standard.

arr this s**ts boring its just full of C*CK JUGGLING THUNDER C*NTS who can't help but try and have a dig at people every chance possible, its boring now

Yes. How dare we dig at people who are taking others hard earned money in exchange for pure rubbish!

im on about how the thread started as being about K-tec then the next minute its moved on to mentioning someone else and so on, its always the same few people that do it over and over again

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
im on about how the thread started as being about K-tec then the next minute its moved on to mentioning someone else and so on, its always the same few people that do it over and over again

If some company tucked you or one of your good mates for tens of thousands of pounds and in returned delivered lies and substandard work and products you would probably want to let others no so they didn't get stitched up too tbh mate so I'm not sure why it surprises you so much? And if it doesn't surprise you and you knew it would happen and knew you didn't want to read it then why still be comin back to page 8 of the thread?

If some company tucked you or one of your good mates for tens of thousands of pounds and in returned delivered lies and substandard work and products you would probably want to let others no so they didn't get stitched up too tbh mate so I'm not sure why it surprises you so much? And if it doesn't surprise you and you knew it would happen and knew you didn't want to read it then why still be comin back to page 8 of the thread?

but yet when the TRUTH came out about the company YOUR mate owns that fucked the ITB car up you fought the owners ground saying he's a great electronics person and all that s**t tbh from seeing how you comment on other companies it seems your just out to slate anyone that you personally don't like or any compnay that you don't like, its pathetic tbh

ohhh and for the record i have never dealt with K-tec but its pathetic how people are always out to slate either the company as a whole or Andy, tbh i don't even know why they even offer the discount to CS members anymore as all that seems to happen on this forum is them getting slated left right and center

Is there even any point in people creating more threads to slate them as this forum has plenty of them available for people to see already