ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC Cambelt change Price

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Ive been on their site just to check the prices of things before I buy my first 172. Thing is, the 172's Ive been looking at are round about the 5year point as recommended by Reno.

So this price. . . . (see below)

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_service.asp?id=9

That includes the kit? Or is that just the labour charge?

The bit that confused me was it said to "supply and fit OEM parts" - Surely thats the lot right? Lets hope so eh!

If anyone has any more information on this it would be much appreciated

Adam :D

Phase 1 172
Im not slagging them off at all but ive had some work done by ktec in the past and had nightmares with them. Also there top tech has now left so the work they carry out may not be the service you think your getting!

Just be carefull you would be better of taking it to a garage that you know already!

Ok guys, thanks for the advise too, I will check their traders section too,

I have to say, they lowered my mk1 and i dint have any problems, but this is a slightly more important job, Ill bare it all in mind !

PH1 iceburg
Yeah each to there own mate, just because one person has a bad experience dont let it put you off. I have had work done there and was very happy. To many haters out there.

+ tensioners as well probably.

Im based Nr Portsmouth, the proper south lol

Done well for me before, but my mate callum (crazy-clio) might say otherwise!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The price of £330+vat is to supply and fit the genuine Renault cambelt and tensioner kit. To have the aux bet and tensioner kit supplied and fitted at the same time will be an extra £109+vat (basically just the cost of the kit).

Our head mechanic did leave us last year but he was replaced immediately with a new mechanic who is also Renault trained and just as good. We are doing 3 or 4 cambelt changes a week so I like to think we know what we are doing.

rossco111 if you have had any problems with any work we have done for you I would appreciate it if you could pm me the details.

David.

The price of £330+vat is to supply and fit the genuine Renault cambelt and tensioner kit. To have the aux bet and tensioner kit supplied and fitted at the same time will be an extra £109+vat (basically just the cost of the kit).

Our head mechanic did leave us last year but he was replaced immediately with a new mechanic who is also Renault trained and just as good. We are doing 3 or 4 cambelt changes a week so I like to think we know what we are doing.

rossco111 if you have had any problems with any work we have done for you I would appreciate it if you could pm me the details.

David.

Thanks David, Ok thats good news, I shall be in touch mid March time :D

Phase 1 172
I have also had a my r5 lowerd by ktec and they did a amazine job. Im sorry if i have upset the boat but i am just saying what happened to me before.

artic blue 182
i got mine done there statrt of feb,was well pleased with the service i got and after i messed them around changing dates ...gona bok my mum and dads diesel in for a cambelt change in next few days