ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec exhaust

its only 100 miles from K-Tec to get to cardiff and prospeed - check out the posts on here about them - they make a mint 182 exhaust - in fact all the exhaust they make are pretty sh*t hot - im having one in 2 weeks........ At last!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

leeds_182 please tell me how you came to this conclusion.

We would not have sold as many as we have it was "sh*t". The systems are very well made, fit very well, sound good, are very well priced and have a lifetime warranty.

Have I missed something?

David.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

^ Thats a fair comment - its wrong to slate someone and there company on a forum like that - remember its someones livelihood your questioning. Ive spoke to K-TEC on numerous occasions and there a sound bunch o guys - they do know there stuff

As father and son....

he was asked for his opinion and while i dont know much about the ktec kit im sure hes entitled to his opinion.

ive heard nothing but awesome things about prospeed down in cardiff off here, and as much as i agree with questioning peoples livelihood hes more than allowed to share his opinions

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Thanks guys, I have sent a PM but not had a reply.

I will always defend our parts as much as I can against remarks like this, especially when we have only heard good things back about this system and we know it t be a very good exhaust.

David.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Hotshot on 12 September 2005

he was asked for his opinion and while i dont know much about the ktec kit im sure hes entitled to his opinion.

ive heard nothing but awesome things about prospeed down in cardiff off here, and as much as i agree with questioning peoples livelihood hes more than allowed to share his opinions

There are civil ways to answer questions without ruining a companies image - would you have the same attitude if his reply was to do with a product your company was marketing ??

No is the answer to that - now lets not get into an argument eh ?

182cup

Quote: Originally posted by K-Tec Racing on 12 September 2005

leeds_182 please tell me how you came to this conclusion.

We would not have sold as many as we have it was "sh*t". The systems are very well made, fit very well, sound good, are very well priced and have a lifetime warranty.

Have I missed something? look in the sales section he is still trying to sell his exhaust:p

David.

Ah, David... this reminds me, I sent you an email last week about my current 172 exhaust. Forgot all about it, ill give you a call soon.

And for the record... i have a K-tec exhaust on my Mk1 172... it fits very well, sounds very nice, and is very well made.

/Dan.

Mondeo STTDCI

From memory Leeds_182 is selling his exhasut as he went back to Renault with some kind of problem and they put it down to a lack of back pressure so he is selling his to put an OE one back on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

had no problems with mine...well none of the apparent flaws that others have had. Bit loud lol, but thats preference and quite difficult to keep sitting nice, but there little issues. im happy.

As father and son....

i dont want an argument jened i was simply stating the fact he is entitled to his opinion. and yes i do believe theres plenty better ways of expressing your opinion than a simple "its sh*t" but as we can see Ktec seem solid in their product statements and im sure a little post like that wont shake it either.I wouldnt be happy about someone saying it about a product i marketed either, but Ktec are asking him why and thats the process i would take. I certainly wouldnt lambast him for having his own thoughts on something.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

^It jus wasnt a very productive comment, ive specified above my little issues with it...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Met a guy who was having problems with his Ktec 182 zorst - he didnt like how it sounded and it had a hole in it.

Also had another guy on here change his after 2 months Gary G I think? He said he didnt rate it.

Thats the basis for my comment - only heard negatives not positives.

Ill change my comment to save more argument.

"Its not good".

IMO.

The experience ive had with a K-tec exhaust was i not impressed. The mounts looked bodged to say the least, the materials it used looked cheap and nasty, the welds were messy and the tailpipes corroded.

It really required an additional mount like the magnex systems to cope with the weight of the silencer. Oh and another thing the car it was fitted to failed emissions on an MOT with in on (bearing in mind it was a cat back system and still the original cat in place) but when i swapped it for the standard cat back pipework and boxes it passed.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

iv had 3. they have all been good and avid himself went outa his way wile his kid was in hospital (i think) to fit my exhaust. in my honest opinion i dont think you can find better service than that

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by jimmyt16v on 12 September 2005
sooo bitchy on here! cant we all just get along?

You must be new :p lol.

Agree with most points tho, for the money the quality of the K-Tech exhaust i got my my 172 years back was p*ss poor from welds/material/build quality and the mounting/joints were definatly nothing to write home about...

No direct offence intended, but i was also under the immpression they were made else-where and sold by K-Tech.

But i could be wrong... :confused:

Mazda MX5 1.8

the only problems ive had with 2 ktec exhausts is that they have been fitted by me :D

other than that theyve been pretty good although i must agree the welds are a little messy on mine

172 cup'd extreme

*Ive got one and most people moan about them cos either them or some numpty has fitted it.
*the welds on mine are good not great but as long as ther are no holes who cares.
*they are made by tiger exhausts for ktec
*mine is brilliant quiet when im granny driving and cruising on the motorway then when i give it some the noise is incredible - i had a remus before that and it was all drone
* The mounts are fine and good quality, if you think it needs another one then get some one who CAN fit exhausts
*it needs assembling with a silicone exhaust paste to work properly

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 12 September 2005

*Ive got one and most people moan about them cos either them or some numpty has fitted it.
This one was fitted by k-tec but numerous people have had issues with the way they hang or them moving over time due to the weight of the silencer and the mounts not being able to support it properly.

*the welds on mine are good not great but as long as ther are no holes who cares.

You might not care what they look like and as long as they arent holed as you say it doesnt matter. However if other companies systems at the same price point can manage tidy welds then you should expect the same of k-tecs.

*they are made by tiger exhausts for ktec

I was under the impression some were made by tiger and some made by janspeed, either way i dont rate either of these companies.

*mine is brilliant quiet when im granny driving and cruising on the motorway then when i give it some the noise is incredible - i had a remus before that and it was all drone

Ive never driven a car fitted with a remus so cant really comment, noise level seemed fine and exhaust note was ok IMO but nothing special.

* The mounts are fine and good quality, if you think it needs another one then get some one who CAN fit exhausts

The system i removed from a 172 looked like it had been bodged on using whatever small nuts and bolts the tech had knocking around in his toolbox. They didnt appear well thought out made or fitted and as i say it was fitted by k-tec and as far as im aware i was the next person to touch it when removing it. Im not questioning k-tecs ability to fit them but if this is what is supplied in the kit i wasnt impressed.

*it needs assembling with a silicone exhaust paste to work properly

Exhaust paste should be required to fit an exhaust if its designed properly, aligned correctly and new gaskets are used.

Look under a brand new car and you wont see exhaust paste smeared all over the place. Its a bodgers tool to cover the fact they are incapable of aligning an exhaust or havnt renewed the gaskets and subsequestly its blowing on the joints.

I work in the motor trade and have done for about 7 years now ive seen plenty of exhausts and shambolic attempts to fit them over the years so id say i was in a fairly good position to judge.