ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC Induction Kit Jubilee Clip With Thread

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I've been an utter clownshoe and overtightened the nut for the bracket on the jubilee clip, and the thread has sheered from the jubilee clip.

So, I'm wondering where I can get hold of one? I may try ringing KTEC but they haven't been the most helpful bunch in my experience.

Thoughts?

172 cup
Do you or can you get access to a welder if so buy a genuine jubilee clip as most cheap hose clips are k tec ones included I found them to short on a kit I fitted to a car the other day as well and then just tack weld a bolt to it

RB Clio 182
Cant you buy a new jubilee clip from a car parts shop? Theyre only about a quid.

Or is it a different sort of design?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Cant you buy a new jubilee clip from a car parts shop? Theyre only about a quid.

Or is it a different sort of design?
It's a jubilee clip with a thread coming off it at a 90 degree angle. It's for the bracket so you can put a nut on it and it holds it steady. The jubilee clip serves no purpose other than for mounting the bracket.

See below on this pic (not my car), the thread coming off it which attaches to the bracket.

DSCF1907.jpg

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'll try to call KTEC on Monday, hopefully they're reasonable and sell me one or maybe even give me one.

I could get somebody to spot weld it back on but that's more messing around than asking KTEC for a new one.

RB Clio 182
It's a jubilee clip with a thread coming off it at a 90 degree angle. It's for the bracket so you can put a nut on it and it holds it steady. The jubilee clip serves no purpose other than for mounting the bracket.

See below on this pic (not my car), the thread coming off it which attaches to the bracket.
What pic?

RB Clio 182
It isn't, but I want it on just because it's part of the kit and it would do my head in if it wasn't there and it's supposed to be. I'm Mr OCD himself about little things like this.
Contact ktec like you say mate theyll sort you one probably at a price.

Clio 172
Same goes for you too @mossyv6 :up:
Do they have the thread coming off like in the above pic? If so I'm interested!
Yeah just a normal jubilee clip but with an M6 stud spot welded to it. Anyone know off hand what the outside diameter of the induction pipe is? I'll grab a few from work today.

Clio 172
Where could I get a bracket?
Wouldn't be too hard to make one up out of a strip of aluminium or mild steel, round the corners, drill a 6.5mm hole either end and put a 90 degree return one end, job done. I could probably knock you one up if you haven't got the means to do it.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
No problem mate. No welding required as they come with the stud already on. If you ping me your address I'll post you one. I'll let you know what postage cost and if you cover that, it's cool by me.

Top man, many thanks and PM on its way :)

Clio 172
No worries chaps, glad I can help! Will post them off tonight for you.
@mossyv6 @Niall97
@Davyy I'll start looking at making you up a bracket for your kit mate, shouldn't be a problem but might take a while as I'll be completely fabricating it and will need to get the measurements from my car etc and find a piece of metal to use, so sit tight :up: