ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC INDUCTION KIT, REMAP REQUIRED?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
thinking about getting one of these soon as i want a bit of induction noise from the engine and i think they sound great, however will a remap be required to get the most out of it? iv read a post on here that someone who fitted one felt like it lost a bit of throttle response low down after fitting one. just looking for opinions from people who have one fitted and how they felt the car drove afterwards before i make my mind up. iv also got a set of matched upper and lower inlets to go on at the same time. car currently has standard ph1 airbox witha pipercross filter inside.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
anyone have one fitted and noticed any loss in in pick up or heat soak or is it all good?

phase 2 172
Thinking about getting one of these kits,but just had my car cammed and mapped on a standard air box and paper filter,will I see any gains/improvements.cheers

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it made a difference of 8bhp over the stock airbox, with cams. On a high comp car I did last week with 438s it made 9.8bhp difference over the stock airbox with a panel filter

phase 2 172
That's a great result for a induction kit,Paul at rs tuning did a back to back test ,and I think he said it made a 5 bhp gain.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah that's about right on a stock car. Airbox becomes more restrictive the more you try to flow basically

phase 2 172
Cheers ,good info,minds made up,going to order one for my car tomo,the thing is I run a stock exhaust because the mrs drives it and hates a boomy exhaust ,hence the decat for a bit of engine note ,but she likes the sound of a induction kit ,because it's not boomy all the time,so winner all round.