ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec/Ramair/Fatty....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Currently got a phase 1 airbox but considering the above again...

I hear rumoured the ktec filter (which makes the noise) is rebranded ramair? Now i've had both set ups and the ktec is louder even with the ktec style ramair filter on the fatty set up. Quick question, why?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
My car has the Fatty set-up. One of the best things I did to the car. Costs naff all and makes it sound proper angry. Great mod in my eyes. Looks better than the Ktec in my view too. Don't really like massively long silicone hoses, think it looks a bit odd.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I think i've had all the different sized filters for the ramair. Which one have you got Phil?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
My car has the Fatty set-up. One of the best things I did to the car. Costs naff all and makes it sound proper angry. Great mod in my eyes. Looks better than the Ktec in my view too. Don't really like massively long silicone hoses, think it looks a bit odd.

I've had them all mate. Chop and change due to boredom etc. No big money and keeps me off the streets.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yep i've had the above filter, also had about 4 over the years lol.

Speaking to Ryan (top guy) and he suggests the metal neck over the rubber, that may make a difference. And another reason why the ktec is louder is due to it being oiled.

He had/or has a clio and the set up he had was running the filter behind the radiator and made a securing bracket. No issues with heat etc.

js-105

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...Xramair+js105.TRS0&_nkw=ramair+js105&_sacat=0

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yep i've had the above filter, also had about 4 over the years lol.

Speaking to Ryan (top guy) and he suggests the metal neck over the rubber, that may make a difference. And another reason why the ktec is louder is due to it being oiled.

He had/or has a clio and the set up he had was running the filter behind the radiator and made a securing bracket. No issues with heat etc.

js-105

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...Xramair+js105.TRS0&_nkw=ramair+js105&_sacat=0
Ktec ones are metal necked, mines not very oiled though 😅

RB Clio 182
The only thing the fatty one is missing is the oil breather take off from the alloy bend, if someone made an alloy bend with the take off for the breather id be more happy.

RB Clio 182
You mean by the throttle body?
Yea, i know people use their oem black shitty one with the breather take off, but it would be nice to have a full alloy bend off the tb with just a small inch or so hose to connect the tb the the intake, probs get more sound too with the alloy bend right the way up to the tb.

RB Clio 182
Yeah true. Obviously you can buy a 90 degree bend with the breather pipe.
Yea the forge and samco ones, theres also a cheaper one out now at around £50, but an alloy bend all the way to the tb would be a nice option to see what it sounds like with a full alloy intake.

I can't comment on the Ktec induction kit as I've not tried one but I am over the moon with my fatty.

My setup has an alloy pipe and larger of the two Ramair filter options that people recommend. It sounds absolutely fantastic and it's one of the loudest induction roars I've ever heard on a 4 cylinder car without ITB's yet subtle when you're not gunning it.

Attachments

• IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 141

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I can't comment on the Ktec induction kit as I've not tried one but I am over the moon with my fatty.

My setup has an alloy pipe and larger of the two Ramair filter options that people recommend. It sounds absolutely fantastic and it's one of the loudest induction roars I've ever heard on a 4 cylinder car without ITB's yet subtle when you're not gunning it.
I don't believe you Rich
A video of the noise might convince me though hint hint

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure why the Ktec is louder, but it definitely is. Pipe looks to have less sharp angles in the bends from what I can see, and a lightly bigger bore all the way through.

I was going to go Fatty, but managed to pick my Ktec up second hand 6 months old on eBay for £50, bargain!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not sure why the Ktec is louder, but it definitely is. Pipe looks to have less sharp angles in the bends from what I can see, and a lightly bigger bore all the way through.

I was going to go Fatty, but managed to pick my Ktec up second hand 6 months old on eBay for £50, bargain!

I would imagine the single piece of reinforced silicon has something to do with it, which is also what makes up the majority of the cost of the kit, as said about the filter is just a Ramair branded piece, although I don’t think you can buy the exact spec from them as ive tried before. The setup that was labelled "fatty" was used long before he posted a thread about creating it, but I would much rather use the Ktec kit, purely because of the bespoke silicon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the times I’ve mentioned the Ktec relationship no one has said ‘yeah it’s this filter’. Must be some kind of copyright ish going on.

Budget wise the fatty is decent.