ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec ultra exhaust - emissions fail

clio 182
I have got a silenced ktec ultra exhaust ( 2 boxes) and a custom sports cat. Had it looked at about overly poor mpg. Put it on the emissions test n it failed badly. 0.6 and it should be 0.3. Surely it shouldn't fail? Any ideas? Currently doing a diagnosic's on it now...

I had this exhaust on the 182 with the standard Cat, and it easily passed the emissions test. I would say the problem lies with your sports cat.

clio 182
It's a sports cat from exhaustsuk. Yeah they say it could be the sensors. Getting me a price. Also, coz I got the car with a decat n straight through centre section they asked if it had been mapped, as it could of been mapped for the decat n straight through and as I changed it, it could be running differently? Could that be it?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
It will be your cat or sensors causing the problem, a cat back exhaust system should not cause a car to fail an MOT test.

David.

clio 182
It will be your cat or sensors causing the problem, a cat back exhaust system should not cause a car to fail an MOT test.

David.

cheers! this is my next port of call, new sensors! how much do you do them for?

ExhaustUK??? Aren't they a bit barryboys!?

I would of thought it'd be a sensor tbh.

cheers, not what i know of, but wish i went somehwere closer to home in the first place other than an hour n a bit away!

Iceberg 172
The only examples I have seen of there work is when they stick 6 exits out of the back of a wildly kitted 1.1 206... They may have changed their image in recent years though!