ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lake District Meet (15-01-2012)

Clio 182 Trophy
Thank you boys and girls for turning up. What a laugh! It was by far the slowest run out i've ever been on.

The Cliosports were the heros of the day, which were the only 2 cars which weren't slowed down by the steep, icy, 90 degree bend from hell. I'm convinced mine and Tunst's awesome driving skills played a big part, although driver points were lost for Tunst for setting off without any petrol, further points were lost for announcing it at the furthest point away from a petrol station. :p

You should all be proud of rescuing the stranded couple and their BMW from the ditch and turning down their offer of a free drink. I'm sure it was a totally selfless act and not because they were blocking the road and it was either 'get them out' or 'go back down the steep, icy, 90 degree bend from hell'!

Classic Lakes Drive.

_1010473.gif

_1010475.gif

_1010476.gif

The steep, icy, 90 degree bend...

_1010479.gif

_1010494.gif

_1010497.gif

A top effort of breaking the ice, in true cave man style. Rock.Ice.Bash!

_1010504.gif

_1010506.gif

_1010515.gif

_1010522.gif

_1010523.gif

_1010524.gif

_1010525.gif

_1010529.gif

_1010530.gif

_1010534.gif

_1010535.gif

_1010538.gif

_1010540.gif

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
That hill was epic and for the record my car never failed to get round, i just couldnt take a shot because of the civics! Vtec y0!! Did you get a picture of mine going round the corner ? And the video ? :)

Mini Cooper S
Was a quality day and such a laugh!! Just wish we caught Lewis ep3 sliding at me and the look on his face!! Mind you I done at my first attempt ;) great pics. Your trophy is lush and sounded epic! Wish we took the cash now!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a decent meet, brave over those roads in those conditions!

We'll have to get some of yorkshire to drive up and meet you in the lakes this year sometime.

Mini Cooper S
Looks a decent meet, brave over those roads in those conditions!

We'll have to get some of yorkshire to drive up and meet you in the lakes this year sometime.

Deffo! But I think we should wait for summer haha.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Cave man style breaking the ice FTW!

Awesome day, properly enjoyed it.. Next time il bring more fuel ;)

and a shovel!

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
yeh i think next time ill have a boot full of de icer haha was funny when we was melting the ice with two cans of the stuff lmao. was a slow drive but good when we got some open road to put the hammer down till my brakes faded at 90mph chasing nashy lol wasnt a pleasent feeling with the misses in the car aswell and a boot full of camping gear haha ill definatly up 4 another run with you guys had a good day was well worth the 140 mile drive to keswick.

Italian 3.2 V6
Awesome! Thought about coming but didn't really want to make an appearance in the diesel :eek:

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
haha the camping was great, freakin cold though haha felt great each morning getting out the freezin cold tent into the car lol think my love of this lil car has got stronger hahahahha yous will have to let me no when the next one is and ill be back up there fink i will be getting new brakes for the next 1 thou after chasing you lot in the 2 litres haha keept forgeting to take pictures but heres a few i remembered to take including a dead campsite haha
IMAG0128.jpg
IMAG0129.jpg
IMAG0130.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Didnt really take many, we decided to cut the trip short because of the ice... There was only so much ice i could hack away with my rock..

Clio 182 Trophy
You get used to driving in these conditions in the Lakes, you just have to drive carefully. You need momentum to tackle a hill like that so you need to be confident too, once you lose confidence you just give up. It wasn't really that bad, the 1.2s struggled because you cant get momentum with the small amount of torque it offers and the EP3's don't offer much low down, so i'm told.
Going back down would have been a different story, brakes would have locked up instantly and there wouldn't be much you could do to stop it.

_1010474.gif

_1010485.gif

_1010486.gif

_1010537.gif

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
You get used to driving in these conditions in the Lakes, you just have to drive carefully. You need momentum to tackle a hill like that so you need to be confident too, once you lose confidence you just give up. It wasn't really that bad, the 1.2s struggled because you cant get momentum with the small amount of torque it offers and the EP3's don't offer much low down, so i'm told.
Going back down would have been a different story, brakes would have locked up instantly and there wouldn't be much you could do to stop it.

_1010474.gif

Woo! :eek:

Decided to keep the clio! Going to spend some cash making her mint as possible.. Clocked 90k On the way home too :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yeah.. Iv got a few plans now, get the bonnet bumper and rear qtr sprayed, wheel refurb, some nice seats... and eventually an RS2 :eek: