ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lap Of IOM TT

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Don't think there is any other race like this in terms of balls needed and skill. These guys have my biggest respect, I could only dream of being able to ride a bike like this:

[YOUTUBE]QVXc29ZgutI[/YOUTUBE]

ITB BG 182
Love it... I think this race is one of the must see races that everyone should go to atleast once in their life time.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I watch this every year and really you have to be mental to go out and do the times the top 10 riders do.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
The commitment is what gets me. Taking bends flat out at 190MPH on a bike just seems literally bonkers.

The skill involved is unreal. The ability to control a bike at those speeds must be amazing. Makes me want to get a bike!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's f**king ridiculous!

Jeez if they catch air at the wrong angle they are probably dead.

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Guy Martin is awesome. Really hope he wins something this year. Most of my mates have gone across/ live there, gutted that I couldnt go. I cant wait to get over there to race the manx gp. Such an amazing place.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
They often get the jumps abit wrong gal but manage to recover. Lol mcguiness had a big 1 on Thursday.

Hyundai i40
gutter that martin got the 30 sec penality as he would have come second on saturday

hopefully he will finally get his win this year :)

its amazing to watch it, unbelievable how fast they go past you and they are getting dust in your eyes! lol

They are averaging over 130 mph doing this course for anyone that doesnt know and in a car will take about an 45 mins to an hour to get round in a car.

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
I think it's ian hutchinsons year, has been riding awesome. Conner cummings was unlucky but so was mcguiness. Gotta make it round to win.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So does every1 still work then, I thought with the roads shutting it would be like bank holiday apart from bar/ b and b owners.

Hyundai i40
depends who you work for Kev

Lots of companies are UK based over here so we have to follow there bank holidays.

I use to work for a factory and they use to just shut the factory down for a week. Most builders and builders merchants close too. Lots of people take it as holiday so they dont have to sit in traffic for hours.

It doesnt actually affect me, just takes a little bit longer to get home if the course is closed. as i live and work outside the course

i think the population is about 90,000 over here, in TT week 70,000 visitors come over, just to put it in propective of how many people come over

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah I've heard my bros into bikes and goes over every year. They put the petrol prices up aswell. Lol surprised ya not into bikes more and ride 1 living there.

Hyundai i40
yeah they do about 4 weeks before TT the petrol slowly increases so you dont really notice then after TT it goes down slightly

Petrol is higher over here all the time tho

I like bikes i could just never ride them, i know a few people that have been killed on bikes and i know about the gimps that race around the island not really caring about bikers.

Ill get some pics up later.

Was sat up windy corner yesterday and seen a bike come off, had a speed wobble and lost it, bang straight into a wall. the bikers was lucky it managed to loose most of the speed before he hit

So damaged bike, damaged pride but he stood up and was fine

Turbos.
Balls of steel.

Watched a bit on ITV4 over the weekend. Funny how you had the mix of professionalism with big time sponsors, yet it still looked like some sort of amateur hill climb.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I'm usually a Marshall out there but had to miss it this year due to wedding coming up. Honestly videos don't do it justice, until you see them go past you don't realise how amazing it is. Honestly one of th best places in the world the IOM too. I'd happily live there just for the mountain section and those kippers

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just sheer crazy speeds on that course! Would be great to see in person tho!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Just sheer crazy speeds on that course! Would be great to see in person tho!

Do it! Honestly the best 12 days I usually have out there. Watch racing, walk around paddock and then down the bushes beer tent to get stuck on the sticky floor lol

cheaper option is to go over for the Manx gp, no where near as busy and half the price. Not as good as the TT but still a great time and the mountains a little emptier for a play

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, not bad at all. :cool: It's exciting enough going over the mountain in a modified Type-R (chasing a supercharged DC-5) at 120-130mph but these guys are altogether something special.

The reason they walk funny when off the bikes is not because of their leathers... it's because they have testicles the size of ripened water melons. :D

Hyundai i40
Hmmm, not bad at all. :cool: It's exciting enough going over the mountain in a modified Type-R (chasing a supercharged DC-5) at 120-130mph but these guys are altogether something special.

The reason they walk funny when off the bikes is not because of their leathers... it's because they have testicles the size of ripened water melons. :D

LMAO and me looking stood still in comparision!

I'll keep ya right ; ).

Id say the results but if people are watching tonight i dont want to spoil it for them

Gally get over here for a weekend even, you would love the FRP over here, awesome twisties