ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laser printer problem, vertical white lines??

Go cry to your momma!
Hi folks, can anyone shed any light on this - I've attached a picture to the post to show the problem, it's been suggested that i may need a new drum..

Where can i get my hands on one and are they $$$?

Recently replaced the toner, that's not at fault :)

Cheers for any help xx

Oh, it's a samsung ML-2152W if that makes any difference?

lines.jpg

Not a Clio
Isn't the drum built into the toner cartridge?

Aside from low ink I haven't a clue what would cause that. Is it a brand new branded toner or a re manufactured one as it's possible it really does have low ink. Give it a good shake and see if it's any better.

Go cry to your momma!
Will it not cause any problems giving it a shake?
I'll give it a go :)

The drum and toner are bundled together, i've discovered!

New to all this laser melarky..picked this up cheap with the hope of fixing it.

It's exactly what I want, wireless, huge paper capacity, reputable brand too.

If I do need to replace the toner, where would you recommend i get another (cheaper the better, but dont want another dudd obviously)

Cheers folks.

Go cry to your momma!
it's been through the shipping toner and one full toner...maybe 10,000 pages?

It gets used a few times a day, not much goes through it really.

I never print colour and wireless is a huuuge advantage for me...inkjets have always proven to be unreliable and expensive.

Do you think a toner replacement would cure my problem pettsi?

Go cry to your momma!
Remanufactured...it came with a guarantee so i guess i could give them a call and see what they say.

I know i should go with original but they're £120+

I'm a skinflint :D

Scirocco GT 2.0
Yeah looks like the drum to me..

I think Samsung called it the "Image unit" or something. As said they built in to the toner.

Shop around and get it replaced, eBay maybe?

I take it you've tried taking the toner out and doing Aerobic movements with it?/Shaking it softly ? But I don't think that's the problem tbh.

Just had a thought:

Has the toner been on it's side for a long period of time? If it hasn't been layed flat it can cause some problems, especially if it was on the same side as the workings.

Last edited:
  Go cry to your momma!
I'll get a replacement toner then, they're about £35 and apparently remanufactured to iso something or another standard haha..

Cheers for all your help guys...i'll let you know how i get on with my bargain printer (paid £15 for it ;D)

Go cry to your momma!
I've tried another toner today and it's made no difference :(
apparently, it was like this before the current toner was installed too.

Anymore suggestions folks?
Could there be something dirty that I need to clean or is it a lost cause?

Scirocco GT 2.0
I've tried another toner today and it's made no difference :(
apparently, it was like this before the current toner was installed too.

Anymore suggestions folks?
Could there be something dirty that I need to clean or is it a lost cause?

blue___yellow_skip.jpg

Seriously, If it has gone wrong and needs a costly repair it is cheaper to get a new one these days..

Better than yours. C*nt.
Bin it for a HP, and use genuine bits. False economy is remanufactured stuff - makes a right mess of it. Depending on your usage and budget I'd look at maybe the HP 2055dn? £300 but costs buttons to run and built on the same internals as the outgoing P2015 printers, and they never broke. Looking at that it could be either down to the shitty toner, more likely though the drum or fuser.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Love them in small offices or workgroups, they just keep on going and going, the drivers are excellent in terms of terminal services and the toner cost per page is on a par with a much bigger machine - especially if you opt for the high capacity toners.