ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laterest purchase, gone Jap!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mate had a cyborg which was fun when we were 18. We crashed and it set on fire. All good fun.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not sure why or how you did it, but you managed to buy a semi decent car and the for the sake of 'doing something different' you've managed to make it look like something that's been pulled out of the canal.

Why not just leave it alone? It looked fine as it was.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
With the wheel trims on, it just looked like every other cheap shed pootling around the roads. Perfectly fine way of getting from A to B.

However, with the wheel trims off, & painted green, it looks like you are trying to make your £300 shed look cool.

This is where you fail.

Clio 172
Being different isn't always good....I'd wack the wheel trims back on and save up for lowering springs and await the winter thaw to put the alloys on.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
and spunk £8k plus per year to run it

... thats what the evo calculator told me itd cost for me to run it lol

FLOL. Maybe..... if it was your daily and you commuted between Birmingham and Manchester - and you gave it regular death.

As a motorway cruiser and keeping away from the loud pedal - it's actually not that bad. :)

D.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Were the two previous owners your grandparents?

Seriously though, pop some wheels trims on it or nip down to your local breaker and pick up some cheap alloys! This should improve looks.

:)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What is the point in buying a cheap car and then spending more than the car is worth modifying it? If you count up how much you have spunked on pretty undesirable cars, you could have had something really smart. For £300 quid I'd just run it until it died. F*ck spending any money on it.

Clio 172 cup
What is the point in buying a cheap car and then spending more than the car is worth modifying it? If you count up how much you have spunked on pretty undesirable cars, you could have had something really smart. For £300 quid I'd just run it until it died. F*ck spending any money on it.

+1 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaase dont waste your money on this ffs. Save up for something better when your a bit older

You cant polish a turd!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
and spunk £8k plus per year to run it

... thats what the evo calculator told me itd cost for me to run it lol

Based on me doing 7000 miles!

Fuel Cost
£27.64 Assumes 18mpg on average. 18mpg+ is obtainable on a cruise and much less will be achieved when driving hard.
Servicing
£340 Services required - 49,500 54,000
Insurance
£1,200 Insurance figure is very indicative. Please contact an insurer for an accurate quote.
Tyres
£600 Tyres can last anywhere between 5,000 miles and 20,000 miles depending on tyre brand and driving.
Brakes
£900 Brakes can last over 20,000 miles with careful driving.
Clutch
£875 Clutches can last between a few thousand miles and over 30,000 miles depending on launches and how hard the car is driven.
Total
£3,942.64

I have not spent that on mine in 3 yrs, including modifications!!!!

Disastra Coupe
Yea, but £900 for brakes?! FML. It's a Mitsubishi family wagon saloon, not a f**king Ferrari lol

120d M Sport
I remember about 10 yrs back when young drivers were all about throwing on a set of 17's on their cheap old motors. Nowadays the done thing seems to be rocking the steels! Who actually thinks that looks good?!

This is a proper eastern european immigrants car but tbf, with a set of cheap aftermarket alloys and a slight drop it would look alright.

8162150693_94ef71aa0f.png

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
A mate had one with a Evo engine. Was pretty cool.

I'd put the trims back on..

The Matt black one? Used to see it up the gym all the time, passed me on the way back from crail one day was silly fast

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have no idea what to say.

I was hoping it would look like the Ralliart one a friend had years ago but it's just really bad.

Rb 182
The Matt black one? Used to see it up the gym all the time, passed me on the way back from crail one day was silly fast

Indeed it was fast, and badly matt blacked. But as below was only quick to 112mph or whatever that silly limiter is. Spins the wheels in all gears, he should have 4*4'd before he spent the rest of his money.

afaik it never had the limiter removed!

Rb 182

afaik it never had the limiter removed!

Indeed it was fast, and badly matt blacked. But as below was only quick to 112mph or whatever that silly limiter is. Spins the wheels in all gears, he should have 4*4'd before he spent the rest of his money.

Just a few pics of my mates. Hope you dont mind.

simonsturbo1.jpg

simonsturbo2.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Seems a bit daft to go to all that effort and not remove the limiter? Fair enough, i haven't removed it on mine but that's because i probably wouldn't dare go much faster lol.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
few of my mates have had these, one still strives to get one with an Evo engine in it...

Those wheels look gash though OP