ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Launch Control? Worth it?

PH1 172
Sorry to post this up as I suspect it has been posted a billion times, friend of mine has on order one of Henks maps for his 182 and he has asked for the launch control feature.... And after reading the 0-60 post in here tonight it got me thinking..

Now I like the idea of launch control, but is it really worth it on a car like a 1*2 with it's power? It's fairly simple to get a good launch with it's power and weight, they get off the line with not much wheel spin (I find anyhow).

I think the only reason is making me want it is to say to my friends ''I got launch control fitted...'' Ha

Is it only Henk that supplys the LC feature on his maps? As I have been chatting to Mike Woodfood for some time now and he has gave me some great advice since in Clio ownership and i will be going to Mike for a map I think but not sure he does it?

Lotus Elise
Proper launch control (the OEM systems on Porsche, Fezzas, M3/5s ect) limit power according to traction levels. The aftermarket ones are just a lower rev limit for launch. No point in them unless you can't hold a steady RPM.

CLS320 with a D6
Am I right in assuming to launch a car optimally you hold revs at the optimum torque point then dump the clutch?

E46 M3
I had the rs tuner launch control for a bit but the rev limit was too high for most conditions anyway. Plus I had to explain at tracks why I couldn't rev it during the noise test.

Clio 172 Cup
If you wanted something you could get an omex.. that can limit rev limiter too.. If you wanted to make pops and bangs too..