ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lauren's Low and slow MIIILOW

Focus st170
low cars are very frustrating had to rase mine the other day at a rolling road day cuz my anti roll bar was hitting the dyno and my coilovers where a killer to wind up cut my knuckls 3 times! but yours is looking awesome you have put alot into it. get some new front coilovers and you will fall in love with it again.
as for your MOT i know some one who dose MOTs and have a flat ramp and covers for the rollers but sadly is over birmingham way!

ph3 dci100 172 rep
The reason behind all your comments saying mine doesn't catch is because the drivers driveshaft pivots on a different position on a 172/182 rather than a non sport or a cup. This is because cups and non sports have single piece driveshafts and all are 182/172 have 2 piece (bolt to block)

Just to clear things up.. Few!

As for a Vxr Lauren :headshake: stay French :) you have a good choice of styling and be good to see you turn a sport or a mk3.

Mine isn't either a 1*2 and i wasn't saying it to brag or be a dick about just curious as i can't see how her driveshafts rub when they'll be thinner than that on my dci100 i would imagine and i've still got a good few inches of space before mine start hitting.

A ANIMAL
And these are the people that are going to support our country's economy in the future?

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Well the generation before me have gone and fucked things up before we can get the chance to..

A grey one
Well my lovelies, my chassis did need notching, on both sides.. Despite the experts telling me it didn't!
B444C152-D355-482A-9982-EC5AB08DDD87-17320-00000333CE8BD20B.gif

Sits better now!:)
IMG_2062.gif

Got some .. Special spacers, so now it has a little bit of poke.. But still needs to come down a little more and needs camber desperately!
7A57B718-A5D5-479D-B443-71F565449F9C-69969-00000D80EC771090.gif

Clay barred it, polished it, waxed and sealed it.. Fairly shiny!
4A5BE222-F1A6-4465-AE48-E3F03B4275B6-69969-00000D811605FC0F.gif

CFA4B0CE-3D8C-4363-8BB2-56924FA741CE-69969-00000D81324B929A.gif

not really much to update on, apart from the notching, bought some Sport door sill protectors, splitter finally on, lower and I bought a cup spoiler off a lovely friend, will be on when it comes, SO EXCITED <3

A grey one
Guilty pleasure ;) hehe.
thanks guys,
yeah trust me.. People rip fake splits but mine have been through literally THOUSANDS of potholes, and my suspension is solid.. Some are so unavoidable, but they're still perfectly round. You should see where I live, I live in the country side, like.. On farms and stuff, so don't give me "the roads near mine are too bad" ;)

​ITS NOT LOW ENOUGH YET!

It's usually just a load of Clios parked up, however after reading the FCS thread it might be different this year. I'm going to try and attend, plus I want to see Milo in person :D

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Looking good lauren!! :) hopefully I will wind mine down as low for FCS ;) even if it gets raised after :p

Of course! I want to be on a stand for FCS, well I've never been before so I'm not sure how its set out? And I wanna do this track parade lap! And definitely going to CSS!

Hahaha I've just realised if you join the Lincs convoy down to CSS we could get some awesome photos of slammed euro beast against full blown track beast. Talk about opposites - that'd look awesome!

A grey one
I am keeping it yeah, I don't have much choice really, but I'm so emotionally attached to it, when something goes wrong I'm like nope it's up for sale eff off, but then I look out the window and its just, my baby! Haha.

Hahaha I've just realised if you join the Lincs convoy down to CSS we could get some awesome photos of slammed euro beast against full blown track beast. Talk about opposites - that'd look awesome!
Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhh! We're so doing this :D

and yes, logical.. Because I changed my coilovers.. So now it's comfier.
Why waste your time and effort going back through the thread just to prove me wrong.. What exactly did you gain from that? Oh yeah.. Sweet FA. :')

E92 325D
It was only a page or so, was eye balling the photos, dont get defensive, i think it looks awesome.

No wonder it was uncomfy if the chassis needed notching, must have been solid everytime it hit!

:eek: I'm a massive massive fan of this as well. I've avoided posting in here, I don't know why I love it, but I do.

Good work Lauren, keep it up!

So you've bought new coilovers to fund the MOT, to then sell the Clio to fund a Corsa VXR, to then pay your mum back in lifts, for bailing you out?

Good, just checking.

You and LBrunch would get on very well.

A grey one
Sorry, i had mistaken you for one of the trolls you get off here. Theres a few. Yeah at one point when we lowered it more it was just completely sat on the chassis and was making horrendous noises!
notch needed doing desperately,

Aw thanks Wick, It's not to everyone's taste but, I love it, and others that love it is just a bonus :)

Well.. I sold my petrol RC cars to fund my MOT, so.. I owe nobody anything, my best friend's vxr's gearbox blew up the other day, and another good friends turbo went.. So now, very much so changed my mind on getting one!
sticking with the clio, safest thing to do :)

You are most welcome, lots of hard work gone into that! :)

RE: Cars - Almost always better the devil you know than the devil you don't!

renault clio
Seriously love this car! great work, the stance is epic! i wish i could get mine that low, gonna have to get some new rear springs, 90mm u have yeah?

A grey one
Lauren's Milo.. Cup spoiler Finally!

Okay guys, best day of my life probably. Cup spoiler came. I've been waiting SO long for this!
test fitted (cause its the wrong colour).. Will be on before CSS I guess that's the aim.

I actually was in two minds, wasn't sure if I liked it cause it looked strange with the whole euro thing but its growing on me the more I see this picture!
28e3348355a1f265c5028cfb668a618a.gif

A grey one
Nah yours must have the cup pack, or someone put it on, normal sport one is the same as non sport but colour coded, does look a lot different!

A grey one
iPad is completely incapable of uploading hi-res photos so, do apologise, but you get the gist..
Spent ages washing, polishing, waxing and sealing the thing today, even took my wheels off to clean them for once, before i had my photoshoot.. Can't wait to see the end photos! But took a cheeky few over the photographers head :)

Clean!
93165d77d2616f62d8c93c7086cb5617.gif

​sat waiting to get in position.. (Static, bagged, static)
ddcdd51d5dbecd5c27f2d6ea91622e1e.gif

5f141a30c6b4477d727f9f3bd42bc4c8.gif

95b0f45c2d91911e65fd34d36b05a6f1.gif

7b2a2b90308f089b6353fbc41e39c19e.gif

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Love it Lauren, this car has really grown on me after initially not liking the front end at all. Now the whole car just looks epic.