ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Law on fogs?

Does anyone know if, legally, it's possible to wire my fogs to my normal running lights switch and replace them with a running light bulb so I can have them on When it's dark. Not a blinding light may I add, just maybe even a side light sort of brightness, just for show really.

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The police will pull you over alllllll the time, they'll fine you in the end regardless of bulbs..

They'll then question the legality of your mot and tell you to change them back after another mot or some shizzle..

They'll troll you.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
You could change the bulb to a 5/10w that would be classed as a side/aux light.

As for 'Guidance' on use of foglights - 'fog' is irrelevant, its visibility that needs to be seriously reduced, this could be fog, mist, spray, smoke.
Sadly the highwaycode actually guides people to use them incorrectly! It states they should be used WITH headlights, when by design they are only any use when your headlights light up the fog more than the road etc. The fog lights disperse light over a lower and shorter distance to light up what is closer to you, therefore headlights and fogs together are pointless.
The 'LAW' gives better guidance, its states you must use headlights when dark and/or when visibility is reuced, UNLESS you have fog lights. Denoting that you can drive without headlights on when you are using fogs (when visi is reduced).

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
wonder how many fog lights w*****s are now trying to say they are DRL's when they get pulled over.

w*****s, f**king w*****s the lot of them.....

saw one on Saturday driving along merrily behind a plod car. Said plod car wasn't bothered, I'd have pulled him over and tazered him.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Should be punishable by death. Fog lights are for 100%, mouth breathing, oxygen thieving morons.

I like it when fog light w*****s have a fog light out.

I reallllly want to let one of them know that their cornering light is stuck on.

Pricks
What about when they have one cornering light on and you think 't**t', then it slowly fades off. I hope that's not just me! (They're still t***s though).

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What about when they have one cornering light on and you think 't**t', then it slowly fades off. I hope that's not just me! (They're still t***s though).

Nope, I'm guilty of that.

I go as far as to say 'ah! You f**king pauper fog light wanker, fog light out on your piece of s**t... Oh, cornering light... f**k you VAG!'

LOL!

Police over here should be armed. Specifically traffic police, but for the sole purpose of shooting out fog lights that are lit.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I was being followed up the M40 by a white BMW with fogs and high beams on the entire time (and i was in the slow lane before anyone asks), so I slowed down to force him past, then chased him down with my 100W rally bulbs and Xenon Auxiliary rally lights on for a bit... RIP retinas.