ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2013

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
In fact we've made scenic detours every year! Last was spent actually going through the historic part if the town, very pretty but not quite where we wanted to be.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Actually, after half an hour of you moaning about needing a piss with Dom sticking his head out the windowpretending to be a Springer Spaniel. You finally, from somewhere, find a couple of empty bottles. You then managed to choose just before we get to a Toll Booth to empty your beer bladder. Being on the continent, you are the one thats going to have the pay the Toll Lady, but you happen to have one hand full of ****, the other with an overflowing bottle, body in a weird foetal position, Dom uncontrollably laughing, you unable to stop wetting yourself and me wondering why the f**k I ended up driving you two!

EFA

You were our chauffer Saner - and we appreciate you putting up with our habits, and poor music taste (j'aime la dubstep) and pi55 bottles rolling around the footwells..

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Last was spent actually going through the historic part if the town, very pretty but not quite where we wanted to be.
I still maintain this was your fault, you were talking to me and therefore distracted me.
We'll be reet this year, I'm navigating!!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
EFA

You were our chauffer Saner - and we appreciate you putting up with our habits, and poor music taste (j'aime la dubstep) and pi55 bottles rolling around the footwells..

lol, thanks Dom ;)

Everytime I think LeMan I remember Ryan sleeping in the back of Nicks old Audi, so mixed the two years together! I'll never forget a Panda dancing on the Roof of the lolvo.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That's only because of Dave and his last minutes lane changes.

Sowwy. I tended to forget that whilst my car was an estate, it had a big petrol engine so was perfectly capable of daft lane changing manouveres. A T5 running on 4 cylinders & a Hyundai Santa Fe SRi CDTI GSI7 werent so great :slap:

Be reet. Getting lost is half the fun.

Were getting the ferry at circa 9am on the Thursday as well btw, so will see you there no doubt!

330i. E30 Touring.
Nothing but '80s and '90s is permitted.

Miami vice style white jackets are also obligatory.

Petrol Blue 182.
Nothing but '80s and '90s is permitted.

Miami vice style white jackets are also obligatory.

Hawaiian shirts and stone washed jeans also?

mustaches_tomselleck13.jpg

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I know I'm late but thinking of going with a friend providing I get my car back on the road. Am prepared to book now though.
Really have no idea as this is my first year, seems people are Veterans so my questions are;

-Who do I book through, seen 1st tickets and travel destinations mentioned.

-What do people usually budget for this trip, I'm talking petrol, ferry, campsite and food. I know this can vary massively from person to person but am looking for a ballpark figure to see if my guesstimates so far are okay.

-Finally...which campsite, don't care for electricity and all the mod cons much rather have a good atmosphere and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few fellow CS members.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Who do I book through, seen 1st tickets and travel destinations mentioned.

-What do people usually budget for this trip, I'm talking petrol, ferry, campsite and food. I know this can vary massively from person to person but am looking for a ballpark figure to see if my guesstimates so far are okay.

-Finally...which campsite, don't care for electricity and all the mod cons much rather have a good atmosphere and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few fellow CS members.

Answers below :)

1. We use 1st Tickets as im lazy & cant be bothered to do it myself. However, you can book entry tickets/camping yourself via the ACO (http://www.lemans.org/en/aco/club-aco.html) and then the book ferry seperately.

2. Petrol depends on your car, its circa 400 miles each way iirc. Toll charges are about £40 per car. Food again depends on how much you eat, but we spend about £200 between 10 of us for the 5 days, then eat BBQ for breakfast, noon & dinner. Crate of beer or two & you'll be fine. Beer/burger whilst your there are roughly 5 Euros a pop.

3. This late in the day, you're probably best of with Blue Sud or similar (a few others CS'ers are staying there), Beujour is miles away from anywhere and Houx (the one with hot water/electric) was sold out last July.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
That's brilliant Dave, exactly what I was looking for, thanks.Had completely forgotten about Toll charges. Yeah I know I'm really late, will book earlier next year but for now I'll look into Blue Sud, thank you.

I probably should have elaborated on my food question, I noticed 'failsports' 2012 write up you did and would happily do similar in the sense of BBQ food 3 times a day, thing is you'd got the electricity for a fridge etc and also room in the car to take one (Clio) so do you have any idea what the situation with local shops (food availability/prices) to get food daily?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
That's brilliant Dave, exactly what I was looking for, thanks.Had completely forgotten about Toll charges. Yeah I know I'm really late, will book earlier next year but for now I'll look into Blue Sud, thank you.

I probably should have elaborated on my food question, I noticed 'failsports' 2012 write up you did and would happily do similar in the sense of BBQ food 3 times a day, thing is you'd got the electricity for a fridge etc and also room in the car to take one (Clio) so do you have any idea what the situation with local shops (food availability/prices) to get food daily?

Go for Bleu Nord mate, that's where a few of us will be :approve:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
there are a number of supermarkets about, carfour is in the town only about 5 mins drive away, we tend drop 2 off at the campsite unload and the other 2 head to get supplies :D by the time they get back, tents are up and its just a case of sorting your own personal belongings and getting the BBQ going.

330i. E30 Touring.
Warm beer is the only reason we bring a fridge tbh.

And the fact that going to the supermarket everyday would be a proper ball ache

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Warm beer is the only reason we bring a fridge tbh. Oh and the chicken would kill us otherwise.

In addition, going to the supermarket everyday would mean staying relatively sober

EFA.

Buy food in bulk before you go, much cheaper. French meat is rubbish as well. Even more horse content than Tescos iirc.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
We will indeed!

Me and Sam have 4 spaces booked (in case some other friends fancied it this year), will mention Cliosport so we get stuck with you lot ;-)

EDIT: @ Bleu Nord

You make that sound like a bad thing :p

There's not as many of us this year, so it will be nice for you/others to join.

330i. E30 Touring.
The Laverstoke Park burger van at the PH meet last year was f**king epic!

Wasn't cheap, but one of the nicest burgers I've had in a long time!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
What do the none high rollers do then. Seems everyone takes their own burgers etc but not everyone has a fridge/electricity? Just let them slow cook for 4 days haha.