ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leak

D

Dj Annihilation

Hi guys

Recently noticed patches on the floor under the car decided to take a look as seemed odd. There is fluid dripping down from the nearside wheel arch it looks like water but it seems weird how it's dripping so fast not as if I have knocked anything etc. Does anyone know what the prob is?? I am thinking washer bottle? If you guys agree how easy is it to access take out so I can check it. I guess it ain't worth buying another yet as it could be a hose leaking etc.

Thanks guys

Louis

D

Dj Annihilation

well, looks like water the rate its drippin, its clear....

D

Dj Annihilation

no, only noticed it today when i moved the car, there was damp under car, when i parked it back up i noticed dripping from passenger side wheel arch, quite rapid dripping, but the aircon aint been on for a while. I dont drive the car a lot so seems all odd to me

E46 M3
The lines for the headlight washers run down there behind the arch liner, there is a connector in them so you can remove the bumper, check they haven't come undone.

D

Dj Annihilation

just chkeced my headlight washers and they work fine. my rear washer fine and front windscreen seem fine apart from one nozzle on the driver side is not spraying as hard as the one next to it.

D

Dj Annihilation

Right, update everyone....

Stripped the wheel arch off and could see this black plug thing, this is where it was all leaking from as water was dripping, i pushed my finger up and woooooooshh loads of clear water came flowing out...i guess it was blocked, luckily it aint the washer bottle, it must be where we have had lots of rain and its rinsing down from the scuttle pannel into this drain....now one question..... this black plus thing fell out as the water did, all i have done is "placed" it back in the gap, it is loose but is in place, is this o.k? what is the purpose of this thing as it looked as if it was blocking water rather than letting it flow? Is water supposed to flow through that gap under the wheel arch? i tried tipping water on the other side of the scuttle and it seems to drain under the wheel arch too....just not sure, i thought it was best to leave the plug there but is there any reason for it? is it actully needed?

Hopefully someone can help, i just dont hope i have to take it all off again etc cuz i have "placed" it wrong lol!

D

Dj Annihilation

I guess not lol, just thought someone may have come across this before....

D

Dj Annihilation

It's all put back now but it's literally above the arch under the washer bottle a plastic plug

CLIO 182 CUP
Sounds like you're refering to the 'rain water drain tubes'. These tubes run from the roof and down the A pillars and through the wheel arches (if a sunroof is fitted) or from the scuttle panel and down through the wheel arches - if not. They have black end caps fitted (with a 'flappy' piece) to stop road muck blocking them up, but still enabling the rain water to run out.

A length of net curtain 'wire' can be used to run through the tubes to clear/unblock them, without removing the wheel arch covers. The wire can be purchased from WILKO's or similar homeware stores for less than £1.00.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
thats the bung for the scuttle panel as sport dont have sunroof last time i chacked
bin it cos the a pain in the ass your a lucky boy you havent got water in the car